I voted no.

I would urge each member to consider what is being proposed and why.

Term limits already exist in the form of our elections. To claim that someone doesn't have a fair shot at being elected because they're not the incumbent is a juvenile excuse. That is taking credit away from our members and saying that they don't know how to vote their mind and their conscience. If I were running for a position, first of all, it wouldn't start a month before the election. I would bust my behind, all the time. I would help the club whenever possible. I would interact with the members of the club and the board of directors and build a rapport. I wouldn't be standoffish, antagonistic, jump up and try to get elected and then claim that the system is unfair. It's about helping the whole club, not just a few members.

With regard to the board appointing a replacement when a position is vacated, we try to do what's best for the club. It's not a popularity contest. It is about filling the open position with the most qualified applicant who can do the job and hopefully do it well. As stated in many other responses, it's a short-term appointment. If the club is unhappy, the election is only a few months off.

Cindy Wulf #615
Rider Rep - P/R & Events