View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of the Bylaw changes round 2?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Approve

17 39.53%
  • Disapprove

26 60.47%

Thread: MRA bylaws changes round 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Amateur GiXXXer Junkie's Avatar
    In the 3 years that I have been on the Board, it seems like the same small group have consistently made it their mission to disrupt, protest, and publicly criticize virtually every move the Board of Directors make. Personally, I'm disgusted at how certain groups like to portray the Board. While parts of this proposal may have some merit, false claims based on widespread misinformation, solicited to people with no knowledge of incidents involved, and presented by people who have a history of dishonest activity within the club, does not necessarily scream "this comes from a good place". I know how hard this Board of Directors works for the members of the MRA, how much they sacrifice as volunteers, the countless hours spent away from family trying to resolve problems that arise within the club (which has been a non-stop endeavor this season). We've had to deal with Pueblo giving away our date, AMA sanctioning, Coronavirus and the constant new challenges it presents daily, all while having to suddenly replace our Treasurer. All this before the season gets underway. So when
    I see snide posts on a public forum, or
    members send me screenshots from private groups who diminish what the Board does, I take it very personally. I am damned proud of this Board. This is a Board that busts their asses because we care about our members.

Bottom line, this is a MOTORCYCLE RACING club, yet more time is spent on issues that have ZERO to do with racing motorcycles. At some point you have to look at the source of these issues and ask yourself, "Is this really coming from a good place?" That said, I would encourage you to vote to disapprove these bylaw amendments as they are written, it leaves an enormous opportunity for catastrophic failure of the club.
    Last edited by GiXXXer Junkie; April 16th, 2020 at 10:25 PM.
    Jeremy Alexander
    President
    MRA Expert #92
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...jA5LWdEWkluQnM
    Sponsors:
    Rybo #69, Speedin' Motorsports, Amsoil, Yoshimura USA, Bell Helmets, GoPro, Michelin, 406 Racing, Island Racing Services, STM Suspension, Asterisk, Shorai, Leatt Brace, SPY+, RoadracingWorld.com, Hookit, Vortex, Ferodo Brakes, Pit Bull

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt