Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO View Post

Regarding the voting to fill vacancies - if a vacancy happens during a crucial part of the season it may not be in the best interest of the club to have to take the time to go through a formal voting process.

It will be important to get it done quickly and efficiently, but the choice of a board member is important enough to put in front of the members. I think that the technology we have make all of this possible.

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO View Post

Regarding the term limits AND the voting to fill vacancies - the majority of the elections are for candidates running unopposed. The fact is that there simply isn't a large number of people even WILLING to serve their club.
The way it's written, if nobody new wants the job, then the office holder can remain in office. So I don't see any problem here. Besides, I think the lack of candidates is often because nobody wants to be the person who challenges the current office holder. Challenging doesn't mean that the office holder is doing a bad job, but people can be afraid that it sends that message. I would love to see a new person come in, be mentored by the former office holder, make small improvements to the way the job is done, then have the previous office holder take the job back for the following term and adopt those improvements. Then we also have a capable person available in case the person in office "gets hit by a bus." I think this only makes the club stronger.