Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer View Post
I'm curious why you say that. I don't know of any experts that don't race the endurance races because novices are let in there.
I have definitely heard experts say they avoid endurance maybe not specifically because of novices, but because of the overall traffic and speed differences, which is certainly partly because of novice racers in there, but I will say there are always a few novices smoking some of the experts so it isn't entirely because of that. But a lot of experts do race endurance even as an AM class and I think that's because endurance has always been an amateur class and so there's always been the expectation of novices in there. Supersport/Superbike has always been an expert only class and because of that they have always attracted some of the fastest racers in the club. I think changing HW Supersport/Superbike to AM status after decades as expert only classes would make a lot of experts think twice about entering it mostly because in a lot of experts eyes it would diminish the status of the class as one of the premier classes, similar to how ROR is viewed. Eh, I could be completely wrong on all fronts since nobody else seems to be interested in chiming in, which may be a first in the forums. :-)