Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer View Post
F40 was originally conceived as an amateur class. It was changed sometime around 2013 and I think it's time to review that decision since I really think it's just the Saturday version of RoR (minus Sean & Otis).
Nothing wrong with reviewing it, but I have not heard a lot of people complaining about ROR racers in the class, and I don't have an issue with it being 'Saturday ROR' for 40 year olds. I think ROR racers should have the right to enter Sat expert classes and compete with each other or the rest of us in as many classes as possible. If you race ROR I think you have earned that right.

Ok, faster doesn't mean more competitive. I think you know that.
Ok, my wording could have been better there, maybe it doesn't make the class more competitive, but racing against the fastest people in the club makes you work harder and try to be more competitive as well as to see how you stack up. I don't mind getting 4th, 5th,6th or anything when I know its against the fastest racers in the club. But I do understand some people are in it for the trophys or plaques at the end of the year and that's ok too.

I see things differently than us "dumbing down" classes. We have novice classes, small bike classes, vintage classes, and supermoto. Those aren't to dumb things down, but to enable a broader variety of race abilities and bikes to be competitive in the club.
I could have used a different phrase to not sound negative (which was not my intention at all) but figuratively speaking. But F40 by its nature of having a lot of experienced racers who've been at it for a long time, makes it a fast class. If we don't let ROR racers in it, then it just becomes AMU/AMO for 40 years olds which there may be nothing wrong with that, but I like F40 as a tough class to podium in. You do have to work for it if you want to be there.

As far as plenty of other classes, other than AmGTU what other middleweight or heavyweight classes are not dominated by RoR guys?
I don't feel like F40 or other expert classes like Middleweight/Heavyweight Supersport/Superbike are 'dominated' by ROR racers...yes there are some ROR racers who are usually at the top, but over time and with experience if you stick with it, almost everybody has an opportunity to get to that level if you put the time and effort into it. Again, I don't mind racing in fast classes where I have to be at my best for any chance of a top 5.