Thread: 2020 Rule Change proposals

Junior Member Novice

2020 Rule Change proposals

First,

I believe at one time ROR Competitors were not eligible to compete in the AMO and AMU classes and also Formula40. I may have been on hiatus because I'm not sure when that changed but it is my belief that having an Amateur level race where experts and novices are mixed together and then also the upper echelon of extremely fast ROR racers is bordering on dangerous. Also in the interest of parity I believe it would make the for more enjoyment of the sport if there were more people actually in a competition for a championship and not simply the same 3-5 people entering everything and taking home trophies.

Therefore:

Rule Change: 1) ROR Competitors are ineligible to compete in the Amatuer Classes "AMO" and "AMU" and "Formula40"

Addressing Thunderbike, the rules in the 2018 Rulebook defining Thunderbike had been in place for quite some time and had resulted in some very good competition.
    The "Spirit of the Class" was obviously written for Thunderbike to allow motorcycles which may not, or no longer fit well into other class parameters, a class to compete in in which the performance level was somewhat balanced. This is also a somewhat cost saving measure as it gives these motorcycles a place where they can compete.

Rule Change: 2) Thunderbike definitions revert back to 2018 rule book definitions and we continue to allow the smaller two Panigale 899 and 959 as they are so close in hp anyway.

Thanks

Jay Hollman

Senior Member Amateur Jim Brewer's Avatar
    Thanks Jay - I think Gary & I are talking about the same thing for F40 in the main thread. Sounds like this will be a good topic of discussion.

http://forums.mra-racing.org/showthr...ok-suggestions

Junior Member Novice
    Thanks Jim, I copied and moved my post to the appropriate main thread.

Senior Member Amateur
    I am not sure I am suggesting the same think, but I would like to see the Formula 40 rules go back to the original rules from when the class was first started a number of years ago.

Joe
    MRA # 157
    2010 Ducati 1198S
    2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
    2012 Ducati 796 Monster
    2004 Ducati 749S
    SW Scooternews, Sol Performance/Pirelli, Rudy Project, TYGA Performance, Boulder Motorsports, Woodcraft, Nitron Racing Shocks, Shorai

Senior Member Amateur
    Current for lightweight:
    Up to 700cc two cylinder, four valves

Change to:
    Up to 748cc two cylinder, four valves, excluding the Ducati 748/749 SP/SPS/R designations.
    MRA # 157
    2010 Ducati 1198S
    2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
    2012 Ducati 796 Monster
    2004 Ducati 749S
    SW Scooternews, Sol Performance/Pirelli, Rudy Project, TYGA Performance, Boulder Motorsports, Woodcraft, Nitron Racing Shocks, Shorai