Thread: 2019 Board of Directors Candidate Bios

President Expert

2019 Board of Directors Candidate Bios

Here are the bios received from Candidates for the upcoming election.

Voting will be online this year. Election meeting is November 7th at The Boardroom, 51 W Dry Creek Ct, Littleton, CO 80120. Meeting starts at 7:30 pm. The new Board of Directors will be announced at the end of the meeting.

Vice President Candidate

Jeremy Alexander

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Well, I never thought I would make it here today. I would be a great Vice President because I promise to put two new pop machines in the cafeteria, and I'm also gonna get a glitter Bonnebell dispenser for all the girls' bathrooms. Oh, we're gonna get new cheerleading uniforms. Anyway, I think I'd be a great Vice President, so, uh... who wants to eat "chimini-changas" next year? Not me. See, with me, it will be summer all year long. Vote for Jeremy!

Treasurer Candidate

Laci Lukachy

Thank you members for the nomination to the MRA board of directors. I was elected to the board in 2016 and I still feel the MRA offers some of the most outstanding men and women.

I have been in the financial industry for 19 years and currently work as an AVP, Colorado Retail Assistant Banking Manager for Citywide Banks. I have served on several boards and helped create, stable and long term organizations. I have been married for eight years to my husband Mike Lukachy, owner and operator of Quikcycles and Sol Performance. We have three beautiful children, Taylor 17, Caden 11 and Bryson 6. Taylor helps with the race office and Caden and Bryson cheer on their favorite racers all season. Caden currently races Rocky Mountain Mini Moto and I hope to see the organization around from younger group to race.

My goal, as Treasurer is to ensure the club is financially sound and continue to operator effectively for our members. I will continue to serve each and every member to the best of my ability. I will provide the board of directors a budget, which will ensure growth and stability. I will attend board meetings and general meeting to focus on our members concerns. I will communicate professionally with the board of directors and members. I will attend race weekends and help with any position that warrants help or guidance. I will ensure that our club last for years to come, so my children can race and enjoy the sport as well.

Thank you for the nomination and I look forward to the next two seasons.

VP of Rules and Tech Candidates

Brett Leveque

Thank you for the nomination to renew my term as VP of Rules and Tech. I thoroughly enjoyed the 2018 season serving the club. It was great to get to know more people and the inner workings of what makes the MRA tick. I would be proud to continue to hold this position for the 2019 season and continue to give back to this great community of people.
    I have had an interest in racing and in motorcycles for as long as I can remember. It started out with cars as friendly competition between buddies and has progressed to be a lifelong passion. I started working on race teams in 2005 as a mechanic for a vintage racing shop in California. In 2007 I joined a pro team with the CHAMP Car series where I worked on a pit crew servicing our two entries. I continued part time with the same team to compete in the Grand-Am Rolex series where we fielded a car for several years in the 24 Hours of Daytona. We went on to also compete with ALMS and the IMSA TUDOR Championships.

Growing up, I was always drawn to bikes and was able to purchase my first street going machine in 2006. I moved to Colorado in 2010 and was finally able to get out onto the track for the first time in 2012 when I learned of the MRA’s Super Street program. From there I was hooked and competed in two full seasons as a novice in 2013 and 2014. 2015 offered some challenges that would not allow me to race but would not deter me from still being at every round, helping out where I can. I came back to race production in 2016 and hold my first term on the board and continued on a supersport in 2017 and 2018 as well as renewed my term for VP of Rules and Tech.

I’ve had the opportunity to see many different aspects of this club from volunteering to corner work, helping at local events with booths, and helping our racers with pit crew duties outside of MRA events. I have always enjoyed getting new racers to attend our events and have helped prep several bikes for new riders and find them the gear they need to get started. In 2016 I was able to start something new for the MRA by collecting very generous donations from our members in the way of gear that we can now loan to help new riders who are looking to come race with us. We all know this is a dangerous and competitive sport and it is my goal to help ensure that we can keep this sport as safe and as fair as possible. Thank you,
    Brett Leveque

Nyles Gourlie

Hi, for those of you who don't know me, my name is Nyles Gourlie I have been racing with the MRA since 2010, I started with Super Street, like most everyone in the club. I have a good understanding of the rules and procedures the MRA uses. I've been to the majority of general meetings, every Rules meeting since I started racing, and understand the rules book inside and out. I want you to know that if I voted to the VP of rules position that safety on the track will be my number one priority. I want everyone on the track to have the confidence that the person riding next to you is riding a sound machine. I'm asking you not to be afraid of change, but to embrace it, as change is what drives innovation.
    Thank you for your consideration

New Rider Director Candidate

Jeff Brown

Thank you for nominating me to be the MRA’s New Rider Director.

I have been involved with this club for 17 seasons now, and the last eleven serving as an active Board member.
    As I have said before, I find great satisfaction in helping others, watching their skills and results improve, and seeing the smile on their faces.
    We as a club continue to make changes to the New Racer School, as well as the Superstreet program. Changes that are having a positive effect on the new racers coming into the club, and I will continue to try improve those programs in the future to come. Along with the rest of the MRA’s Board of Directors, I am always open to suggestions and ideas, and if possible will try to implement those ideas in any way that I can.

I take great pride in not just helping the new racers, but helping everyone throughout their entire careers. I am a firm believer that we as a club can change the average Road Racer’s career from 3 years, to 10+ years, if we can just them started off on the right foot to begin with.

Road Racing has become a way of life for me, and the MRA and its members have become my family. Not just the racers themselves, but their family and friends as well.
    Thank you for allowing me to serve you, the members of the MRA, for all these years. I will continue to do the best job that I can, for years to come, in an effort to keep this sport alive. The sport of Road Racing, which we all love so much.

Rider Representative - Pubic Relations & Events Candidates

Cindy Wulf

One of the challenges of club management is the “right” amount of turnover. Too frequent and the club never gains the experience it needs to be effective. Too seldom and ideas, abilities and motivation stagnate. When I ran for this position, last year, we’d had 3 people in it in 3 years, and that’s too much turnover for a single position. Building and maintaining a personal relationship with members, sponsors and other interested parties is critical to the long-term success of our club. I try to live my life with honesty and integrity. With me, you know what you’re getting, brutal honesty. Integrity? It is the single most important character trait I can think of. If there is ever a question about choosing easy over right, I’m going to choose right, every single time. It can be hard, and it can cause hard feelings, but I’ll always be able to look each and every member of the club straight in the eye.

The MRA needs stability and integrity. I’ve pushed the board of directors to be more transparent. If there is an issue, we tell the membership about it. We tell them the solution to the problem or issue and move on. There is no need to point fingers or call people out, but the membership has a right to know of any circumstances that could hurt the club.
    This position requires a lot of time and commitment. There are general meetings, board meetings, emergency situations that require discussions, displays to be checked and stocked, events to host, and members to consider. This is, after all, a rider representative position. It is my job to consider opinions and situations from the riders in our club. I walk around the pits and talk to people about their racing, rules and situations. I promote our women racers. I don’t bash them when they beat me. I fix my bike, get out of my own head, and get back on the track. I race at every round. I race 5-8 classes a weekend, depending on my fitness and the condition of my bikes. I listen to the opinion of our racers. I am a vessel to take these concerns or ideas to the board or the general membership.

Like the day I joined the club, I remain committed to doing what I can to ensure its success. I believe that my role as one of your rider representatives is how I can best contribute, bringing the right balance of stability, experience and fresh energy to this community. I’d greatly appreciate your vote.

Matt Cooper

My name is Matt Cooper, or as most of you know me as “Coop DeVille.” I am running for Rider
    Rep PR & Events. Reason being is that I am very good at doing just that thing. You have probably seen
    me helping host a multitude of events already through the year from Performance Cycles Bike Night to
    Suspension Tech days with Imperials sport bikes to promoting a number of local shops in our
    community through my videos.

I am a Project/Production Manager for Mile High Memorials and Front Range Engraving and am the
    CoFounder of Legion of Speed. I have been successfully bringing riders to the track in waves since
    2014. Let’s talk about those numbers for a second. 2017 race school we brought out 21 riders to the
    school making it one of the largest to date and again last year they had to cap it to 50. This last year
    alone we brought 10 + new racers to the MRA. Next year will be 20 of us. Those riders didn’t decide to
    come race based off a pamphlet they saw at dealership, they didn’t get here because a rider rep
    chatted them up at some expo either. It takes a lot more than that. My passion is growing this sport
    and promoting it as much as possible. I not only am at the track but I ride on streets and the canyons
    every day. It’s those every day connections I have with riders that are getting them to come out and
    experience what the MRA has to offer. Let me help promote this club directly and vote for someone
    that can really help grow it and keep racers coming back.

Thanks, Coop #143

Rider Representative - Press & Communications

Jim Brewer

I’m honored to be nominated for 2019 Rider Rep, Publications. I’ve been the publications rep for the last couple of years and have really enjoyed serving on the board. The main task of this position is to author and distribute articles primarily to Roadracing World in order to enhance the MRA's visibility across the American roadracing community. If you don’t usually read RWMT, you can find all of the MRA articles at http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/?query=MRA&s=0.

Since taking the position I’ve expanded the role to cover a few other areas needed by the club such as mra-racing.org website updating, announcing coordination, and PA equipment setup at Pueblo and PPIR. Dave Day has been also nominated and he took the initiative to reach out to me to discuss the position. Regardless of which one of us is elected, we’ve agreed to work together to improve the reach of publications for the MRA in whatever ways possible. But, of course, I’d appreciate your vote.

Regards - Jim Brewer #90

Dave Day

I would love to be a member of our board and this position interests me the most, by far. Jim Brewer has done a fantastic job and my goal this year isn't to dethrone him during the election. My goal is to put my name out there and let everyone in the club know that I am interested in becoming your Press & Communications Rider Rep in the future.

Everyone can agree that Jim is a great guy and he is willing to groom me to take over this position at some point. With that said, I have some great ideas that I would like to bring to this role sooner or later. One of them is setting up a social media account, perhaps Instagram, to share pre-grid and final grid positions so everyone can easily check and double check on their races from anywhere. Another idea is to get some quality video of the ROR interviews to share with Roadracing World, on our Facebook page and a variety of other media outlets.

My job as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ offers me a great deal of flexibility so I can dedicate the time necessary to excel in this role. Furthermore, my formal education and business experience has provided me with the experience and verbal judo to nail press releases and maximize your contingency offers. I'm already looking forward to racing and hangout out with all of you next season!

All my best,
    Dave Day

Rider Representative - Trophy & Class Sponsorship

Phil Pleiss

Thank you for the MRA Trophies and Class Sponsorship Rider Rep nomination for 2019. I am glad you are considering me to be the 'trophy dude' again in 2019. Taking this on for 2018 has been an awesome experience with it being much different from my day job. Motorcycles have been a part of my life from a very young age. Both of my parents rode back in 70's and I remember sitting on my Fathers Yamaha in the garage for hours. I got my first motorcycle when I was 19 years old and have had many more since then. I starting going to the track in 2010 when I attended the MRA Race School at High Plains Raceway. In 2013 I started racing with the MRA and 2019 will be my seventh season racing. Each year I attend the US MotoGP race at COTA and I never miss a race on TV. Motorcycles are a huge passion of mine and I really enjoy being out at the race track with everyone in the MRA. In 2018 we had 33 class sponsors with the three 4 Hour Endurance classes. There were 102 trophies won each weekend. Previously I never realized what went into our class sponsorship, the revenue it generated and how that impacted our trophy program. I have raced with a few other clubs and we have a superior trophy program. If elected I look forward to working with our current class sponsors and growing a relationship with new sponsors so we can continue to have this trophy program. I would be honored to serve as your Rider Rep for Trophies and Class sponsorship in 2019.

Thank you for your consideration,
    Phil Pleiss

Rider Representative - Rulebook

Shannon Moham

Thank you for the support over the 2018 MRA season! I hope you will give me the opportunity to once again be your MRA rider representative for the 2019 season. My very first motorcycle was obtained at the ripe age of eight, and I successfully managed to crash into my neighbor's garage on Christmas morning. Let’s just say I've come a long way! I have been racing motorcycles for more than a decade and have climbed my way through the ranks to become, what I feel, is a very accomplished expert racer. Without question, I thoroughly love and enjoy racing motorcycles. My competitiveness and passion are two characteristics that help me bring new and exciting insight into the MRA. It is my belief that I offer a unique perspective to the board because I have raced with the majority of major road racing organizations in North America; excelled at racing our lightweight classes to Race of the Rockies; and provided instruction and guidance to almost every superstreet class since its inception. This exposure enables me to bring a lot to the table in terms of what I have seen work and not work throughout these organizations. The MRA is not just an organization that I belong to--not just an organization that I race for. It's a family. A family of people that I choose to spend my weekends with, laughing, sharing, and yes, even hurting with at times. It is this very family that I will continue to represent. I will speak up for those who don't know how to voice their thoughts and/or opinions, and will help express any and all ideas of every racer that wants to put them out there. During my tenure as a MRA rider representative, there was great satisfaction in being part of a board that continually endeavored to improve. I also take pride that as your rider representative for the rulebook, I created an entire set of rules and class structure for the annual four-hour endurance race; I championed Friday night tech; and I created a spirit of the rulebook ethos. I also shared the responsibilities of helping run tech and I am willing and capable to help the VP of Rules and Tech in the future.

From graduating from the United States Air Force Academy, to leading troops in combat, I have always been very professional in every aspect of my life, and I want only the best for the future of the MRA. I promise to continue to work with the board members, the racers, and their families to fight for what they want for the future of their club. The MRA has been an amazing experience in my life and I'm extremely grateful to have been a part of such a wonderful group of people. Thank you, again, for allowing me to represent you for the new 2019 season. See you on the track!
    Last edited by JimWilson29; November 8th, 2018 at 10:25 AM.
    MRA #29