Thread: 2019 Rule Change Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Expert
    Production 500 Rules- Change to more closely align with Junior Cup Rules in MotoAmerica

Both the MRA and UtahSBA currently have the most strict production cup rules in the country. In order to promote the competitiveness of the young riders joining our series, and further promote their ability to compete on a national level I believe both clubs should basically adopt the junior cup rules from MotoAmerica for the Production 500 class ONLY. This would allow bikes to be prepared once and be eligible for as many clubs and national races as possible without forcing multiple bike configurations to race with each club or in the national series.

Items that SHOULD be changed from the MotoAmerica rules:

Eliminate the age limit
    Eliminate the spec tire and tire quantity requirements
    Eliminate the MANDATORY quickshifter
    Eliminate the leveling provisions for minimum weight and rev limit
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Junior Member Novice

Production 400 Rule Change

I would like to second this request. My son (and I) raced in the Production 400 (MRA) and 500 (USBA) classes this season and he will be racing MA Junior Cup races next year. I am faced with the possibility of only being able to race in CVMA and other organizations that allow builds consistent with the MA rules. Building two different bikes is a significant barrier to continuing club racing with both the MRA and USBA organizations, which would be a shame. Both clubs have been a great place for him to learn and I hope we can continue to do so. The Junior Cup is a great program to promote youth racing and syncing up club rules would be a great next step to promote the future of our sport.

Primary differences come down to allowing a cartridge kit in the forks, allowing thinner head gaskets and degreed cams in the engine and allowing a quick shifter. These are not huge expense items relative to the work we have to do with the stock forks to make them work while also complying with the existing production rules.

I also agree with the items that should differ from MA rules:

Eliminate the age limit
    Eliminate the leveling provisions for minimum weight and rev limit[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Production 500 Rules- Change to more closely align with Junior Cup Rules in MotoAmerica

Both the MRA and UtahSBA currently have the most strict production cup rules in the country. In order to promote the competitiveness of the young riders joining our series, and further promote their ability to compete on a national level I believe both clubs should basically adopt the junior cup rules from MotoAmerica for the Production 500 class ONLY. This would allow bikes to be prepared once and be eligible for as many clubs and national races as possible without forcing multiple bike configurations to race with each club or in the national series.

Items that SHOULD be changed from the MotoAmerica rules:

Eliminate the age limit
    Eliminate the leveling provisions for minimum weight and rev limit