Thread: Questions on Pueblo

Junior Member Novice

Questions on Pueblo

Hi all,

Trying to get some info on the tracks. Looks like MRA Mostly runs Pueblo . What is the condition of this track? Coming from the northeast, I know what semi-cold weather does to the pavement.

I am thinking about moving to CO and trying to evaluate the tracks

Thanks

Senior Member Expert
    I'm not sure why one would move to CO just to evaluate tracks but then again, I think ours (Pueblo Motorsports Park) is safer than yours (New Hamshire International Speedway). After racing at both through the years. Granted, I only raced one event at NHIS in 93, but didn't much care for it. I do have many friends though in the club and Street and Comp's a great sponsor!
    If you'd like to go a maybe less expensive approach and see a lap of Pueblo, Goto www.pueblomotorsportspark.com There's a lap around it with Jason Pridmore using an on bike camera. I gotta say though if the weather aspect's playing into your decision to move here, the weather's certainly a bit more agreeable. Not as much snow at the lower elevations and not nearly the humidity. You will miss real lakes though as Pueblo and several other Reservoir's are nice, it's not Lake Winnaposoki (SP?) The ski areas are much less crowded though and there's real snow. Many friends who have moved here from there are very competitive and continue to do well in competition.
    On the M/C racing front, Kiwi Aaron Clarke former LRRS fastguy is a fastguy here as well, Our buddy David Padolsky ChickenHawk warmers are readily available, and you'll find the MRA to be much much smaller club than the LRRS. BTW, How many members does the LRRS presently have anyhow? There were many in 93, the grid for a lightweight class looked like the whole club lined up!
    We by the way, are more than likely going to be racing at a new facility in 08 as we get closer to funding and opening www. Highplanesraceway.com We also race at Motorsports Park Hastings, a new very nice track in Hastings NE. Goto www.MPH.com for imformation on that track.
    Well, hope this helps, we do have variety and fast racers in the club. After racing all over the country for several of my 17 years of racing, I believe the MRA's one of the best clubs in the country. We always love having new racers and CO's a great place to live. I would check out more than just the tracks before moving here though....sorry for the sarcasim I can never resist! Give my best to Bob Robbins, Street and Comp, and all our friends from the Northeast!
    All the best,

Senior Member Expert

BTW

As far as the track conditions concerned it could use a repave in turn ten...but we're working on it! Otherwise it's pretty fair.

Senior Member Expert
    my score is;

Loudon - broken back in 4 places from hitting wall with tires in front of it
    Pueblo - no broken back, although i did fall in a puddle on the inside of T9 last year after it rained :lol:

Junior Member Novice
    Thanks for the replies guys, thanks for the detailed response Jon. I'm not thinking of moving there to evaluate the tracks, I'm trying to evaluate them right now online

I will be moving there to get the hell away from the east coast! (been here my whole life). I actually live north east/mid-atlantic. Mostly WERA racing and some CCS stuff. Many of the guys I race with are LRRS since they are only a few hours away. I am thinking of moving to CO next spring.

Amount of racers in the club was my next question. How many licensed MRA racers are there? I wouldn't mind a smaller club, I think I may actually prefer it.

Also, what are some good places for IT jobs? What about to live? I don't mind a 30minute commute to work, but I don't want to be IN the city.

Thanks again

Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie
    my score is;

Loudon - broken back in 4 places from hitting wall with tires in front of it
    Pueblo - no broken back, although i did fall in a puddle on the inside of T9 last year after it rained :lol:
    :shock:
    Glad you are still with us and typing

Member Amateur
    This is what Jon was referring to with Pridmore running Pueblo....just thought this would make it easier to find/watch.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30659288878640

Junior Member Novice
    thanks for that video

Member Amateur
    I raced with LRRS for many years before moving out here in 2005. Pueblo is bumpier and the facilities aren't as nice, but also doesn't have concrete walls lining the track the way Loudon does. I'd much rather race at Pueblo.

There are a lot fewer racers in the MRA than LRRS. The biggest difference I see is that the MRA is actually a real club run by the racers themselves whereas LRRS is a business run by NHIS management.

The other thing I don't miss here is racing in the rain.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL*
    This is what Jon was referring to with Pridmore running Pueblo....just thought this would make it easier to find/watch.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30659288878640
    Pridmore turned about a 1:40 lap there, fast guys like Clarkie and Brad run into the 1:28-29 range, and real speed at the end of the front is about 160mph range, not the 182 pridmore shows, fastest guy down the front so fast is Brad H. at about 165 and clarkie in the 161 range, by the clubs radar gun...

Senior Member Amateur
    On the subject of IT work you should give me a call. I work for a Global resource provider and we are always looking for new talent.

Will
    (303) 919-4915
    wsequino@retreon.com
    www.corpus.com
    Will Sequino

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by TBSgraphics
    fast guys like Clarkie and Brad run into the 1:28-29 range,

no one has run below 1:30 in a race at Pueblo this season
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    Oh jeez, I can't resist. Yes, someone has. Not me, Mr. Clarke on DOTs managed some 29's in Supersport. BTW, we were both consistently in the low 30s all day monday....whats a few tenths between friends anyway? I like how 29s sound

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Racing616
    Oh jeez, I can't resist. Yes, someone has. Not me, Mr. Clarke on DOTs managed some 29's in Supersport. BTW, we were both consistently in the low 30s all day monday....whats a few tenths between friends anyway? I like how 29s sound
    damn you is right! :shock: i'm just jealous cuz i have never been able to get lower than 1:34

Race 8, Pueblo Motorsports Park

Open Supersport -- Aaron Clark, MRA 2

Lap Time
    1 1:33.502
    2 1:29.462
    3 1:30.233
    4 1:30.192
    5 1:30.256
    6 1:30.121
    7 1:30.192
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    Sunday O-SS
    Lap Time
    1 1:33.527
    2 1:29.548
    3 1:29.768
    4 1:30.075
    5 1:30.457
    6 1:30.081
    7 1:30.635

Monday O-SS
    Lap Time
    1 1:33.502
    2 1:29.462
    3 1:30.233
    4 1:30.192
    5 1:30.256
    6 1:30.121
    7 1:30.192

Monday O-SB
    Lap Time
    1 1:33.578
    2 1:29.762
    3 1:29.964
    4 1:30.334
    5 1:30.492
    6 1:30.796
    7 1:30.778

What can you can, Suzuki and Pirelli's, a great combo 8)

Senior Member Expert
    You go faster on your DOTs than slicks?!?
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    Just checked and ST did a 1:29.485 last year, I did a 1:29.462 this year :shock: surprised the crap out of me!

Quote Originally Posted by 12pointracing
    You go faster on your DOTs than slicks?!?
    yeah i can figure that out either, maybe it's because I am old and by lunchtime I am getting tired :lol: I know the way I build and map my bikes they REALLY like to run in the cool air, especially with that homebrew fuel you made me 8)

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie
    they REALLY like to run in the cool air, especially with that homebrew fuel you made me 8)
    The flux capacitor we installed after the tear down is actually worth more than the cranberry juice cocktail I put in your gas tank.
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    yeah but at least you can drink the cranberry juice fuel on the way home 8)