Thread: PPIR Round 1 Wall in T5?

Member Amateur

PPIR Round 1 Wall in T5?

Does anyone know what the T5 wall situation at PPIR is going to be for Round 1? Will it still be right up on the track again or are they planning on moving it back somewhere more safe?

It would be nice to know what the track configuration will be before pre-entry closes.

Member Amateur
    Goto the FB and you will see the discussion. My understanding, is that it will be similar to last year.

Senior Member Amateur Jim Brewer's Avatar
    Wilson and I rode there last Thursday and the wall wasn't right up on the track. As best as I could tell, it's pretty much like this GoogleEarth photo from 2015

PPIRWall.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

President Expert
    The walls are in the same place that they were for our 2nd round there last season; no closer to the track but no further either.
    MRA #29

Member Amateur
    Wow, I'm not sure how I missed the thread on FB when I looked earlier. Doh.

@Jim (Wilson), I appreciate the quick and concise reply. Thanks.

@Jim (Brewer) yeah, that is pretty much what it looked like to me in our second round there last year... right up until I pushed sideways between 4 & 5, then all I could see was how close that wall really was; how much they'd moved it in from when that sat image was taken. The latest google images show where the walls are now and there's a fairly notable difference. No more cutting through 5 to track exit.

ie: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YoiNhDtYTbtCVJ9k6

Quote Originally Posted by smiley613 View Post
    @Jim (Brewer) yeah, that is pretty much what it looked like to me in our second round there last year... right up until I pushed sideways between 4 & 5, then all I could see was how close that wall really was; how much they'd moved it in from when that sat image was taken. The latest google images show where the walls are now and there's a fairly notable difference. No more cutting through 5 to track exit.
    ie: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YoiNhDtYTbtCVJ9k6

As best as I can remember, the walls have been put back to where they were in 2015, not in the latest (aka June 2017) photo.

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer View Post
    As best as I can remember, the walls have been put back to where they were in 2015, not in the latest (aka June 2017) photo.
    Hmm, what you are saying appears to be at odds with Mr. Wilson's statement. The walls looked just like the new version of the google maps sat image on our second visit to ppir last season, and his statement indicates that they haven't changed. I feel like I'm missing something.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by fosbibr View Post
    Goto the FB and you will see the discussion. My understanding, is that it will be similar to last year.
    In that FB post, some people suggested that they expected T5 to be as it was the last time we were there (no run-off). Those comments weren't from board members, but one said that was their impression from discussion at the recent general meeting. Last I checked, the meeting minutes haven't been posted here.

I'd love for them to be back to the 2015 configuration with run-off, but it didn't sound like that will be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley613 View Post
    Hmm, what you are saying appears to be at odds with Mr. Wilson's statement. The walls looked just like the new version of the google maps sat image on our second visit to ppir last season, and his statement indicates that they haven't changed. I feel like I'm missing something.
    Really, I don't remember the walls between 4-6 being anything that I was concerned with last week, probably because I was either going too damn slow, or because I don't look that way. Since I missed the PPIR round last year, I can't say if they were the same or not.

I hope someone who was there last year will draw a diagram of where the walls were because I certainly don't remember them last week being close outside turn 4 like the google earth picture shows.