Thread: Suggestion for the 2018 Rulebook

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrems1968 View Post
    I would like to suggest running stock fuel tanks in the 4hr endurance race. It seems to have become a fuel mileage competition rather than a race.
    Thanks for consideration
    Additionally/alternatively, restricting fuel tank sizes to a certain range, based on engine configuration (and keeping stock fuel tank sizes in consideration).

Junior Member Novice
    I'd like to propose a change to rule number 2:10 (Production Class Requirements). These bikes are overheating a lot. I lose coolant every time on on track. The KTM 390s are blowing up a lot. The CBRs and the R3s all run very hot. They aren't supposed to be run as hard as we run them. I've discussed this with several people and they all agree (except Ryan) about allowing larger radiators or pony radiators. These are not typically very expensive and are a true safety enhancement. The proposal is to allow radiators of unlimited origin in production class.

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by bjackson View Post
    I'd like to propose a change to rule number 2:10 (Production Class Requirements). These bikes are overheating a lot. I lose coolant every time on on track. The KTM 390s are blowing up a lot. The CBRs and the R3s all run very hot. They aren't supposed to be run as hard as we run them. I've discussed this with several people and they all agree (except Ryan) about allowing larger radiators or pony radiators. These are not typically very expensive and are a true safety enhancement. The proposal is to allow radiators of unlimited origin in production class.

Concur. Who cares what Ryan thinks....