Thread: Suggestion for the 2018 Rulebook

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Has the subject of Blue flags ever been brought up? Why was that turned down as an option?
    I had some really frustrating and dangerous situations arise this weekend that could have possibly been avoided with blue flags.
    Passing an R3 that is way back in last place in AM GTO on the outside of T12 at high speed is stupid and dangerous.
    Now that I mention it, why is an R3 even allowed in Amateur GTO?
    I would be fine with them racing in other classes, but would require BLUE flags. It is really a problem for all riders involved when front guys are battling for position and run into a prod bike. Would be a safe addition to have warning flags so at least it increases the chances of safe passes.
    Jared Dear - MRA #48

Quik Cycles, Sol Performance, Pirelli tires

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post
    I would be fine with them racing in other classes, but would require BLUE flags. It is really a problem for all riders involved when front guys are battling for position and run into a prod bike. Would be a safe addition to have warning flags so at least it increases the chances of safe passes.

Jon and Jared

I totally understand you ideas of "blue flags". Speed differential has always been a concern in the club

The problem I see with waving a flag at a slower rider to move out of the way of a faster rider, is that from the beginning the MRA, HPR and ever other race/track day org I am familiar with places the responsibility to pass with the overtaking rider. We are to hold the "line" at all times.

By now instructing a slower bike/rider to move out of the way when a flag is shown goes against what is the standard practice of riding/racing on the track...Too me this is asking for too many problems.

IMO Jon's suggestion for minimum engine displacement is a better idea (even thought there will still be slower riders, etc..)
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

Member Amateur
    You are totally correct sir, I didn't think about that! The biggest problem is when a rider is in the back either due to lack of experience or speed their lines are far less stable or consistent so maybe we can coach them to just maintain their lines better ( or take the race line.... ) LOL.
    Jared Dear - MRA #48

Quik Cycles, Sol Performance, Pirelli tires