Thread: 2017 Board of Directors Candidate Bios

President Expert

2017 Board of Directors Candidate Bios

Here are the bios received from Candidates for the upcoming election.

Ballots are in the printing stage as we speak. Election meeting is November 9th at The Walnut Room, 3131 Walnut Street, Denver, CO 80205 Meeting starts at 7:00 pm. All ballots must be turned in by start of meeting, and the new Board of Directors will be announced at the end of the meeting.

Cindy Wulf
    Vice-Presidential Candidate

In 2014, I went to the MotoGP races at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX. I fell in love and knew that I had to try this amazing sport. I came back to Denver, had Bart at Mad Moto track prep my street bike that I’d had for 6 months, and came out to Round 2. It takes a special kind of crazy to start this at 49. lol

I probably have the least experience of any nominee. However, I am passionate about racing and becoming a better rider.
    My lap times at race school in 2014 were 3:30. Pretty impressive, huh? Lol However, through lapping days, schools, and constant hounding of other racers for advice, my last lap of the season in 2016 was a 2:09. I realize that it’s not a land speed record, but it was a huge breakthrough for me. I try to be a positive ambassador for the MRA and road racing in general. I’ve ridden with other clubs and raced with other organizations. I try to travel in the winter to NM, AZ and CA to try and keep the rust off.
    I absolutely love this sport and this club. I will help the club in any way, whether or not I’m on the board. It’s a club, and I’m a member.

While I don’t have the extensive racing experience of some of the board and nominees, I am organized, thorough, and hold integrity in high regard. I do what I say I’m going to do, and I don’t quit until the job is done. This job has a lot of administrative tasks and I have worked in this field, my entire life.

Thank you for considering me worthy of this position – I’d appreciate your vote.
    Cindy Wulf

Brad Morris

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for nominating me for Vice President of the MRA. I have been with the MRA since 2012, when I showed up at High Plains Raceway for SuperStreet with a street bike on the back of my SUV and experienced the thrill of racing for the first time. Since then, I have completed full seasons of novice, amateur and expert racing. Over the course of the last 5 years, I have learned how the MRA functions and I wish to use this knowledge to serve the club.

Over the course of winning two championships and obtaining approximately sixty podiums, I’ve spent a good deal of time working with contingency sponsors. I will use these established relationships to expand and continue the club’s opportunities for contingency awards. My professional experience working in client-facing public accounting has prepared me for membership management and ensuring the effective business operation of our club.

I have extensive experience working in database applications similar to Racewurx. I also have a background in tech support and troubleshooting - I funded my first few years of racing working in tech support at my university. I have rapport with the creator of Racewurx, and am confident that I have the resources to work effectively in the system to support MRA racers.

I could not have known that entering that first SuperStreet class would change my life, and I am proud to be part of the MRA family. I hope that you will give me this opportunity to use my passion for racing, demonstrated skills, and dedication to empower our continued growth and success.

Sincerely,
    Brad Morris

Blair Harness

Thank you for the nomination and consideration for the position of MRA Vice President. I have enjoyed
    my time as a member of the MRA and it would be an honor to represent and give back to the club in an
    official manner. If elected, I will strive to complete all duties of the position in the best way possible for
    the betterment of the club. In addition to the specific roles, I will work to serve the club in any way I can
    to continue the success of the MRA.

With my background in software engineering, I am well suited for involvement with membership and
    race day systems management. I built the webpage lap time display based on a need at the time. I will
    look for opportunities to continue improving and streamlining the membership and pre/during/post-race weekend processes.

I will do my best to maintain and grow the contingency opportunities for the racers in the club. I realize
    the importance of this to the club and individual racers, and in addition to working to maximize it will
    work for accurate and timely completion.

The MRA is a great club and I believe it can continue to get better.
    Thank you,
    Blair Harness #760

Laci Lukachy
    Treasurer Candidate

Thank you members for the nomination to the MRA board of directors. I was elected to the board in 2016 and I quickly learned that our club consists of some of the most outstanding men and women, on and off the track. It has been an honor to work with racers that are competitive but always willing to help each other when times are hard and help is needed.
    I have been in the financial industry for 15 years and currently work as an AVP, Colorado Retail Assistant Banking Manager for Centennial Bank and Trust. I have served on several boards and helped create, stable and long term organizations. I have been married for six years to my husband Mike Lukachy, owner and operator of Quikcycles and Sol Performance. We have three beautiful children, Taylor 15, Caden 9 and Bryson 4. Taylor helps with the race office and Caden and Bryson cheer on their favorite racers all season. One day I know, at least one, of my kids will be racing with the MRA. That is why I am proud to be a part of such a great organization.
    My goal, as Treasurer is to ensure the club is financially sound and continue to operator effectively for our members. I will continue to serve each and every member to the best of my ability. I will provide the board of directors a budget, which will ensure growth and stability. I will attend board meetings and general meeting to focus on our members concerns. I will communicate professionally with the board of directors and members. I will attend race weekends and help with any position that warrants help or guidance. I will ensure that our club last for years to come, so my children can race and enjoy the sport as well.
    Thank you for the nomination and I look forward to the next two seasons.

Brett Leveque
    Vice President of Rules and Tech Candidate

Thank you for the nomination to renew my term as VP of Rules and Tech. I thoroughly enjoyed the 2016 season serving the club. It was great to get to know more people and the inner workings of what makes the MRA tick. I am proud to continue to hold this position for the 2017 season and give something back to this great community of people.
    I have had an interest in racing and in motorcycles for as long as I can remember. It started out with cars as friendly competition between buddies and has progressed to be a lifelong passion. I started working on race teams in 2005 as a mechanic for a vintage racing shop in California. In 2007 I joined a pro team with the CHAMP Car series where I worked on a pit crew servicing our two entries. I continued part time with the same team to compete in the Grand-Am Rolex series where we fielded a car for several years in the 24 Hours of Daytona. We went on to also compete with ALMS and the IMSA TUDOR Championships.
    Growing up, I was always drawn to bikes and was able to purchase my first street going machine in 2006. I moved to Colorado in 2010 and was finally able to get out onto the track for the first time in 2012 when I learned of the MRA’s Super Street program. From there I was hooked and competed in two full seasons as a novice in 2013 and 2014. 2015 offered some challenges that would not allow me to race but would not deter me from still being at every round, helping out where I can. I came back to race production in 2016 and hold my first term on the board.

I’ve had the opportunity to see many different aspects of this club from volunteering to corner work, helping at local events with booths, and helping our racers with pit crew duties outside of MRA events. I have always enjoyed getting new racers to attend our events and have helped prep several bikes for new riders and find them the gear they need to get started. In 2016 I was able to start something new for the MRA by collecting very generous donations from our members in the way of gear that we can now loan to help new riders who are looking to come race with us. We all know this is a dangerous and competitive sport and it is my goal to help ensure that we can keep this sport as safe and as fair as possible. Thank you,

Brett Leveque

Jeff Brown
    New Rider Director Candidate

Thank you for nominated me to be the MRA’s New Rider Director.
    I have been involved with this club for 15 seasons now, and the last nine serving as an active Board member.
    As I have said before, I find great satisfaction in helping others, watching their skills and results improve, and seeing the smile on their faces.
    We as a club continue to make changes to the New Racer School, as well as the Superstreet program. Changes that are having a positive effect on the new racers coming into the club, and I will continue to try improve those programs in the future to come. Along with the rest of the MRA’s Board of Directors, I am always open to suggestions and ideas, and if possible will try to implement those ideas in any way that I can.
    I take great pride in not just helping the new racers, but helping everyone throughout their entire careers. I am a firm believer that we as a club can change the average Road Racer’s career from 3 years, to 10+ years, if we can just them started off on the right foot to begin with.
    Road Racing has become a way of life for me, and the MRA and its members have become my family. Not just the racers themselves, but their family and friends as well.
    Thank you for allowing me to serve you, the members of the MRA, for all these years. I will continue to do the best job that I can, for years to come, in an effort to keep this sport alive. The sport of Road Racing, which we all love so much.

Shannon Moham
    Rider Rep – Rulebook Candidate

Thank you for the support over the 2016 MRA season! I hope you will give me the opportunity to once again be your MRA rider representative for the 2017 season. My very first motorcycle was obtained at the ripe age of eight, and I successfully managed to crash into my neighbor's garage on Christmas morning. Let’s just say I've come a long way! I have been racing motorcycles for more than a decade and have climbed my way through the ranks to become, what I feel, is a very accomplished expert racer. Without question, I thoroughly love and enjoy racing motorcycles. My competitiveness and passion are two characteristics that help me bring new and exciting insight into the MRA. It is my belief that I offer a unique perspective to the board because I have raced with the majority of major road racing organizations in North America; excelled at racing our lightweight classes to Race of the Rockies; and provided instruction and guidance to almost every superstreet class since its inception. This exposure enables me to bring a lot to the table in terms of what I have seen work and not work throughout these organizations. The MRA is not just an organization that I belong to--not just an organization that I race for. It's a family. A family of people that I choose to spend my weekends with, laughing, sharing, and yes, even hurting with at times. It is this very family that I will continue to represent. I will speak up for those who don't know how to voice their thoughts and/or opinions, and will help express any and all ideas of every racer that wants to put them out there. During my tenure as a MRA rider representative, there was great satisfaction in being part of a board that continually endeavored to improve. I also take pride that as your rider representative for the rulebook, I created an entire set of rules and class structure for the annual four-hour endurance race; I championed Friday night tech; and I created a spirit of the rulebook ethos. I also shared the responsibilities of helping run tech and I am willing and capable to help the VP of Rules and Tech in the future.
    From graduating from the United States Air Force Academy, to leading troops in combat, I have always been very professional in every aspect of my life, and I want only the best for the future of the MRA. I promise to continue to work with the board members, the racers, and their families to fight for what they want for the future of their club. The MRA has been an amazing experience in my life and I'm extremely grateful to have been a part of such a wonderful group of people. Thank you, again, for allowing me to represent you for the new 2017 season. See you on the track!

Warren Cook
    Rider Rep – Trophies Candidate

Thank you for the Rider Rep Trophies/Class Sponsorship nomination. If elected, my commitment will be to serve our club and board of directors with distinction. Joe Logalbo has done a tremendous job and whomever is elected will have some big shoes to fill.

At an early age I was hooked riding motorcycles as my parents bought my brother and I a XR75, that lead to a TM125, then a YZ250. A few years later, I joined the United States Navy and motorcycles were put on hold. The movie “Top Gun” was being filmed when I reported to NAS Miramar, Fighter Squadron 124. I worked as a Plane Captain and jet engine mechanic on the F-14A “Tomcat”. After the Navy, aviation became my livelihood, and I became involved with an air race team as the Crew Chief. The National Championship Air Races held in Reno, Nevada is an annual event. Sprint races are flown at low level within a closed course at speeds up to 500mph. Notably, we won the Bronze in 2003 and placed 3rd in Silver in 2004.

In 2008, I returned to motorcycling after a 26-year absence, when we purchased a H-D Road King. We joined the Mile High Harley Owners Group Aurora Chapter, had a blast riding while helping local charities raise money. After logging over 40K on the odometer and serving two terms on Board of Directors as the Activities Officer, I was ready for something different in 2013. I suggested to my wife Barb, “Let’s buy a couple KTM 300s and go dirt biking, she responded with “Let’s go Road Racing”…

Over the past four seasons with the MRA, we have truly enjoyed the camaraderie and challenges involved with road racing motorcycles. We’ve taken the opportunity to participate and learn about the different aspects of this club by volunteering and then sponsoring lightweight endurance in 2015 and ultra-lightweight endurance in 2016. As I enter my 5th year racing, I would be honored to serve as your Rider Rep Trophies/Class Sponsorship. #217 Race Pace

Nik Scott
    Rider Rep – Trophies Candidate

First and foremost, I want to thank the current board members and members of the MRA for an outstanding 2016 season and I look forward to the 2017 season as a racer and the exciting possibility of being on the board. In 1992 I was introduced to the MRA by a family friend who knew me and my pops loved motorcycles and I have been addicted ever since. The atmosphere that this community creates is one that can't be explained unless you live it. From the aroma of race fuel, to the sounds of bikes ripping down the straights, to the smiling faces of people who have the same passion as me. Being a spectator was never enough for me I wanted more, I wanted to be out on a bike! Finally, in 2009 I competed in my first season with the MRA and then again in 2010. Although I wasn’t able to race the next few years I still wanted to support the MRA and its members and be around the people and sport I love. Without corner workers we would not be able to race so I saw the opportunity to be able to work with and support the MRA and became a corner worker. Last year was my returning season as a racer and I can't wait for next season to begin.

Being a rider representative gives me a better juncture to help new riders meet and exceed their goals, as well as be a voice for all members and be a helping hand for whatever is needed for members and board members alike. The pure joy that I feel being able to help other people succeed in this sport and help the MRA grow is met with the utmost satisfaction. As a board member I would look forward to growing a stronger relationship with our current sponsors and actively searching and growing new relationships with potential sponsors and supporters for our club and sport. Strong communication skills, organization, time management, self motivation and being friendly I feel are vital to succeeding in this position all of which I possess. Thank you all again for this awesome opportunity and I look forward to seeing everyone’s smiling faces for the 2017 season.

Jim Brewer
    Rider Rep – Press & Communications Candidate

It's a privilege to be nominated for the position of Rider Rep for Press & Communications. I have been involved with the MRA since 1991 as a racer, rider rep, announcer, and race instructor. I started road racing with the AFM in 1989 and have raced continuously since. Over my racing career, I've held race licenses with 9 different racing organizations and have competed at 19 different racetracks across the nation. This exposure has enabled me to make numerous personal contacts that I think will help me promote the MRA into new racing networks. I've also recently retired from my day job, so I will definitely have more time to devote to MRA business and club activities. I'd appreciate your vote.
    Thank you,
    Jim Brewer

John Borst
    Rider Rep – Public Relations & Events Candidate

Having grown up riding and racing motorcycles I have developed a passion for the sport. Throughout my competitive career both in Motocross and Roadracing I have had the privilege of racing with numerous clubs and organizations, this has given me a unique perspective on how other clubs approach the challenges of marketing and event coordination. This coupled with my professional experiences as an entrepreneur as well as other community involvement including serving on the board of the Downtown Denver Partnership and Alexander Dawson School, will lend itself well to the MRA.

My plan will encompass a multi-faceted approach. There is vast potential to grow the club through a multitude of means. Promoting the club online whether it be social, pay per click or on forums should be a priority. I hope to expand events by increasing consistency and community involvement and do a better job to draw in more riders to the 4-hour endurance. This, with a fresh outreach strategy to newer sponsors will help bolster the club and promote an even higher level of competition. I hope to bring a growth based approach to the position.

As a competitive racer I feel that I understand the desires to both have a fun time as well as growing the competitive level of the club. I wish to compete against the best while maintaining the close knit family atmosphere that has drawn all of us to this club.

Thank you for your consideration.
    John Borst #290

Scott Weitmann
    Rider Rep – Public Relations & Events Candidate

Hello, my name is Scott Weitmann and I am honored to have been nominated for the Public Relations/ Rider Rep. for the 2017 MRA season. I have been around and riding motorcycles for about 14 years. The passion that I have for not only racing but also the respect, safety and awareness of our sport is very important to me.

Upon Graduating Northwestern Military Academy with honors, I studied aircraft maintenance at Colorado Aero Tech and worked in the airline industry for several years. Then i went on to further my career in the automotive industry and have been a technician for 26 years. I've owned a Big O Tires franchise and served on the dealer board for 3 years.

I know that if elected to serve the MRA and our riders, I will do everything I can to help support and promote our club, organize events such as bike nights, local motorcycle dealer events and open houses. I feel the Super Street program is a great way to get street and canyon riders on to the race track to experience a safe racing environment and meet the MRA family. My biggest goal will be to promote super street and get our weekend entries up from where they have been.
    Last edited by JimWilson29; December 1st, 2016 at 03:02 PM.
    MRA #29