Thread: Lor/mvgtu

Junior Member Novice

Lor/mvgtu

I understand that this topic is not part of the rulebook, but I feel we should go back to MVGTU starting first before LOR. 95 % of the MVU racers run a faster pace than LOR. For instance, at rd.7 the top 6 MVU racers caught and passed the entire LOR grid. With that being said, several MVU racers feel that the dangers of us passing the entire LOR grid is not safe. An idea is that we could grid from our best practice times in Sunday practice. Or start the season with the top LOR and top MVU racer 1 and 2 then go down respectively. Then as we continue the season we grid from points.
    Scott Weitmann MRA # 226
    2016 SPONSORS
    ROCKY MOUNTAIN KAWASAKI
    LUCKYS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
    406 RACING MICHELIN TIRES
    CATALYST RACING COMPOSITES
    ALL AMERICAN AUTO REPAIR

Senior Member Expert
    Input for meeting discussion... The reason LOR is in front of MVGTU is LOR is the smaller grid -- there are less bikes to pass if you're a fast MV guy. Otherwise fast LOR racers have to pass the MV grid, and there are a lot more of those bikes. At this point a few MV guys run a faster pace than most of LOR, not 95% of the MV grid. A number of the women have good pace and there are a lot of slower MV entries, personally I think the classes are well paired.

We tried MV in front of LOR at round 1 PPIR, there was a 9 row modern vintage grid and it was hectic. We also started both class waves together that round, in retrospect that was too many bikes.

Round 7 had seven LOR riders for the modern vintage guys to pass, which doesn't seem unreasonable. In total 4 MV guys worked past all of the LOR field.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by milehizx6r View Post
    With that being said, several MVU racers feel that the dangers of us passing the entire LOR grid is not safe.
    So is it not dangerous for the faster LOR racers to pass the MVU racers?

Quote Originally Posted by milehizx6r View Post
    For instance, at rd.7 the top 6 MVU racers caught and passed the entire LOR grid.
    I was only passed by 3 MVU riders at Round 7, so not sure what you are talking about there. And you were running 2-3 seconds off my pace which is not a big difference.
    Last edited by Snazzy; October 3rd, 2016 at 08:57 PM.
    Novice