Thread: 2017 rule changes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Amateur
    I'm travelingl and don't have access to a real computer, so I won't be stating the current rules or edited rules. If needed, I can do this when I return after the deadline. Below are the changes that I feel would be helpful.
    1. Clubman points should be awarded for classes that are open to all competitors but not to those that exclude competitors based upon a competitor’s age or sex. Certain classes are “fun” classes and those who are prevented from participating in the fun classes should not be at a disadvantage in Clubman.
    2. If a competitor is determined as causing a red flag, that rider should be docked one lap if they are able to restart. Examples are leaking oil on the track or being the obvious first/initiating rider in a crash. We should discourage riders from causing serious incidents more than we do.
    3. The previous season's number one plate holder should be eligible to have his/her next season's race license paid by the MRA. They should not have any race entry fees paid by the MRA.
    4. “Middleweight” and “GTU” four cylinder, four-stroke, three or more valves per cylinder motorcycles should be limited to 600cc or less. The latest generation ZX6R has a significant advantage over all other middleweight bikes and belongs in the heavyweight class.
    5. Racers without an MRA license (i.e. those competing on a reciprocal license) should not be awarded points in the classes in which they compete prior to obtaining an MRA license. We should not let visiting racers who have no interest in championship points affect championship points.

Member Amateur
    Production Cup is currently 250/400/500

If 250 bikes are phased out of prod cup scoring, no longer a stand alone 250 class
    1. Allow unlimited engine modifications to increase the bore and stroke to no greater than the new prod cup classification 400/500, 350/500.

This will allow those that have 250's to continue to campaign them, against the bigger CC bikes. This is a cheaper solution to trying to sell the 250 to another club and build a new prod racer.