Thread: More questions from another new guy

Junior Member Novice

More questions from another new guy

Hey all, I've got a couple general questions. This is my first year with the MRA, and just trying to figure it all out still..

1. Do most of you camp out at the track between race days? I might try to drive in both days if thats not a crazy idea.
    2. If my wife wants to come to the track for a day and watch, does she need the 'pit crew' pass in order to come to my pit and hangout there?
    3. I'll be racing in the production 250 class at minimum. Would you recommend other classes for my first race weekend as well? Just trying to get track time, but not overdo it.

Thank you!
    PS - Had a blast at the new racers school. Thanks to everyone who put that on!

WolFeYeZ
    1. Camping out is the best part, lots of fun at the track at night. If you do drive, be safe. Driving after a day of racing can get you pretty drowsy and driving fast.
    2. If you are racing all 7 rounds, the best deal is a put crew pass. Otherwise, she just has to pay the $10 gate fee to get in like everyone else.
    3. Ill assume you are riding a 250, in which case you could also enter these classes (listed in order of how competitive the 250 will be): Ulta-lightweight endurance, Formula Colorado, lightweight GP, Supertwins GTU, Novice GTU. There might be a couple I am forgetting though... but would be just track time and gridding in the back.
    Last edited by WolFeYeZ; April 15th, 2016 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Colorado Class name change....

Junior Member Novice
    1. A lot of people, including myself, camp out at the track overnight - I'm lucky in that I can sleep anywhere pretty effectively but definitely do whatever you think is best for you!

2. You can get a season pit-crew pass or else the $10 "spectator" admission at the gate will cover any activities throughout the pits.

3. In addition to the production cup classes each day I would recommend at least the lightweight endurance, lightweight grand prix, supertwins gtu, and colorado class - each race you enter gets cheaper per unit and all of those classes have at least a few 250's you can compete with.
    Timothy (Timbobiker) Schutt
    Novice #400

Junior Member Novice
    Thanks a bunch for info guys - very helpful! I'm just going to get the wife at pit pass, and then look at camping out either in the back of the subaru or in a tent. Hopefully I don't get stuck next to someone running a generator all night hah.

Thanks again!