Thread: Safety Wire and coolant hose clamps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Expert
    Oh boy I can just hear the conversation now on how I need to somehow wire the springs that are retained by the pads that Carl had an hour long discussion with Brian Sharp on as to how the hell Brembo retention springs could be somehow wired to not come out when they are retained by the pad themselves. The best answer beingles to have the tech inspector themselve remove and reinstall the pad themselves and then only then will they understand what a truly secure system it is. ....

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Oh boy I can just hear the conversation now on how I need to somehow wire the springs that are retained by the pads that Carl had an hour long discussion with Brian Sharp on as to how the hell Brembo retention springs could be somehow wired to not come out when they are retained by the pad themselves. The best answer beingles to have the tech inspector themselve remove and reinstall the pad themselves and then only then will they understand what a truly secure system it is. ....
    I agree with this. The comment I made was in regards to calipers that hold the pads in with pins, not spring clips like Brembos. For example, R6 or Ninja 300 stock calipers.
    Last edited by TD675; April 2nd, 2016 at 06:20 AM.