Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Rulebook Suggestions

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Closed
    i have a few via email that will be added.

- Shannon

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastt Racing View Post
    Consecutive term limit for Board Members. Limit the time someone can hold a board position to several years in a row. Quantity of years to be discussed. This should be a good way to keep fresh ideas & motivation at high levels. Also it would detour some of the generous folks running the club from burning themselves out in consecutive stretches with no break from duty, or change in scenery.
    I know things are closed, but I have two comments on this:

1) It's a horrible idea. There are so few people willing to serve in the first place that we shouldn't be limiting their ability to do so.
    2) This is the wrong place to bring it up. This is not covered in the rule book, it would require a change to the club by-laws.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Tony Baker sent this to me on Sept 29th. We will talk production classes as a whole to include the other suggestions.

Production needs to be reduced to two classifications:

500 Production
    ANY production based single or two cylinder 4 stroke UNDER 500cc:

The 300, 320, 390 are all on par with the 500’s anyway – total HP, torque, power-to-weight, wheel & tire technology, etc… Because it’s split into 400 & 500 classes, oftentimes NEITHER class is eligible for contingency – even though they are all mixed together and battling for the overall win anyway. We used the last two years to vet out the bikes and figure out where they fit in, now it is time to adjust the class structure accordingly. We’ve had races where the 320’s won, followed by a 300, followed by a 500. Let the rider choose the bike that best suits them for the class – ALL are competitive enough to win clearly.

250 Production
    ANY production based single UNDER 350cc
    ANY production based twin UNDER 300cc

The Honda 300 single (in legal trim anyway) still isn’t on par with the ninja 300 twin – and so it deserves to stay in this class. The ninja 250’s are too cheap, too plentiful, to “easy to get into racing on”, and the grid is too big to simply kill it by lumping in with the others.

Mohammer Time! Expert
    The suggestion of mandatory brake lever guards was emailed in September as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TRK View Post
    Tony Baker sent this to me on Sept 29th. We will talk production classes as a whole to include the other suggestions.

Production needs to be reduced to two classifications:

500 Production
    ANY production based single or two cylinder 4 stroke UNDER 500cc:

The 300, 320, 390 are all on par with the 500’s anyway – total HP, torque, power-to-weight, wheel & tire technology, etc… Because it’s split into 400 & 500 classes, oftentimes NEITHER class is eligible for contingency – even though they are all mixed together and battling for the overall win anyway. We used the last two years to vet out the bikes and figure out where they fit in, now it is time to adjust the class structure accordingly. We’ve had races where the 320’s won, followed by a 300, followed by a 500. Let the rider choose the bike that best suits them for the class – ALL are competitive enough to win clearly.

250 Production
    ANY production based single UNDER 350cc
    ANY production based twin UNDER 300cc

The Honda 300 single (in legal trim anyway) still isn’t on par with the ninja 300 twin – and so it deserves to stay in this class. The ninja 250’s are too cheap, too plentiful, to “easy to get into racing on”, and the grid is too big to simply kill it by lumping in with the others.

Will that work with the way that contingency is set up? I know Yamaha was only paying contingency for the R3 for a Production 400 race. If you forced the bike to ride in production 500, would Yamaha still pay contingency for it?

Also, it seems to me that a lot more people are getting interested in the production classes. As we move forward, there may be enough people to still allow all the classes to be eligible for contingency.
    Last edited by TD675; October 19th, 2015 at 09:10 AM.

Member Amateur
    I myself just bought a 390 for next year. There's also a new racer joining the MRA that bought a 390, and one of our other current racers just bought an R3.

That makes at the very least +3 for production 400. The class is definitely growing.

with that said, the horsepower advantage isn't massive, and the laptimes indicate fair competition.
    Last edited by tecknojoe; October 18th, 2015 at 09:15 PM.
    - Joe

Junior Member Novice
    If counting intended racers for the production cup is of concern - I'm planning to join the 500 production cup too! 1994+ ninja 500's have 17" rims so I can put real rubber on, slightly more ground clearance than my old 250, and are way cheaper than new (2008+) 250's Plus with that 4 gallon tank and good mpg I'm excited for the 4hr Endurance! Please keep the 500cc class in some form or other!
    Timothy (Timbobiker) Schutt
    Novice #400

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Rule book meeting will take place December 5, 2015 around noon at a place TBD.
    I will post up as soon as we have confirmed a venue.

thanks,
    Shannon

Junior Member Novice
    So I have a proposal for rule change for the 2016 season. I've noticed a few other clubs do top 10 plates for the novice class in additional to top 10 overall. I just wanted to see what others think about this, I think this would be cool for the new novice class next year. input?
    Tim

Tim,
    Rule change suggestions are closed for this year buddy. It usually closes for suggestions a few weeks before the rule change meeting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12