Thread: 2016 Rulebook Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member Novice
    Production Class:

Throttle control may be replaced with parts of unlimited origin.
    Battery may be replaced with parts of unlimited

Overall 250r proposal:

To be scored separately in Lightweight Grand Prix and Lightweight/Middleweight Endurance. Simply, because the is no way for any 250 racer to compete for top positions in these classes. 250 riders just run these classes for practice or to spar with other 250 riders. Basically we're just trying to get our money worth, there is really no incentive for us out there in those classes. Maybe create a "ultra- lightweight" class?

~Shawn Parrish #595 ~

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Unique RR View Post
    Production Class:

Throttle control may be replaced with parts of unlimited origin.
    Battery may be replaced with parts of unlimited

Overall 250r proposal:

To be scored separately in Lightweight Grand Prix and Lightweight/Middleweight Endurance. Simply, because the is no way for any 250 racer to compete for top positions in these classes. 250 riders just run these classes for practice or to spar with other 250 riders. Basically we're just trying to get our money worth, there is really no incentive for us out there in those classes. Maybe create a "ultra- lightweight" class?

~Shawn Parrish #595 ~
    I second what Shawn stated above

Since woodcraft now sells a cheap key eliminator for the 250, I would also like that to be allowed.

250 racing is still a viable option in our club and a blast, at PPIR the top 10 bikes were all within 2 secs a lap.

I propose next year that the 250 be allowed unlimited mods (superbike), let us develop our bikes and have more fun. Currently, a 215 lb rider cannot compete for a podium against a 140 lb rider, with a superbike the field may get leveled. I have also heard the argument that production racing is meant to be cheap....yeah right, nothing cheap about racing in any class, as I have as much in the 250 as others have in their 600

I also encourage this club to look into a UL weight class in either endurance or by breaking LWGP in two classes to include UL

Warren Cook #823