Having worked on this new track project for almost 4 years now, I believe in it. I believe in it so much that I just mailed a $1000 donation to the capital campaign.

This is COMPLETELY voluntary, but if anyone else wants to share what they have given, it may encourage your fellow members to do the same. But no cheating you can't post it until you mail it!!

Dig deep and donate guys, it may hurt a little right now, but think about how good it will feel next year!

The capital campaign packets will arrive in the mail around July 6th, but if you just can't wait you can download the form here http://www.highplainsraceway.com/pdf...ation-Form.pdf Be sure to check the box for your club affiliation!

************************************************** **********************************

7/25 update - as of Monday the 23rd 99 people have made donations totaling a little over $76,100. THIS IS AWESOME, but we are still a long way from our goal. If you've already donated, please accept my thanks! If not, whaddya waitin for, fer cryin out loud!! Let's get this thing done!!

************************************************** ***********************************

8/1 update - as of 7/30 we have had 122 donations and raised just under $98,000. That means we are 20% of the way to our minimum goal of $500,000!! On the other hand, it also means we are ONLY 20% of the way there.

RMVR leads the way in the fundraising, both in number of donors and total donations. The MRA is (a distant) second in total dollars, but we have the highest average donation. This is due to one very generous donation from within our membership. This also means that the MRA is the only club so far with a member in the "Grand Prix" category!

Things look good so far, the first month since the mailing went out has yielded very positive results but we still have a long way to go so please dig deep and donate!!

A BIG THANK YOU goes to the following MRA members who have already donated:

Mike Bachman
Tony Baker
Eric Borch
Glenn Conser
Tom Erikson
Jason Hess
Alex Kuretz
Mike Lakritz
Matt Lee
Richard McNutt
Cal Neske
Mark and Alice Palmer
Darin Schwartz
Matt Sienkiewicz
Ed Smalley
Todd Towles

************************************************** ***********************************

8/2 update - I got word today that yesterdays deposits were in excess of $20,000 which means we have PASSED THE $100,000 MARK!! This is a good start and we have some great momentum going, please don't let up now!! Remember, we need $500,000 minimum to build an "operational facility" but we are shooting for $1,000,000 so we can have some really nice extra amenities!

8/9 update - See the news release HERE I will have an updated list of donor names a the track this weekend.

As of Thursday, August 30th, CAMA has received 243 donations totaling $219,199.00.

The MRA has had 29 donors contribute a total of $45,117.00. We are in second place in total donations (RMVR members have donated $102,555.00) and we are in LAST PLACE in number of donors. This means that a very few MRA members who have made very large contributions are towing the line.

Here is the latest list of MRA members who have donated, in alphabetical order as always:

Mike Applehans
Mike Bachman
Tony Baker
Eric Borch
Charles Conser
Glenn Conser
Dion Eads
Dale Eaton
Tom Erickson (has donated twice)
Jon Glaefke (has donated twice)
Bob Hasenhundl
Jason Hess
Marc Jones
Douglas Kahl
Alex Kuretz
Michael Lakritz
Matthew Lee
Richard McNutt
Cal Neske
Mark Palmer
Hans Pieren
Darin Schwartz
Greg Sheehan
Matthew Sienkiewicz
Ed Smalley
Todd Towles
Russell Van Marter
William Van Marter
Timmay! Young

Thanks for your support!!

9/10 update

I have added a new press release in a post on the second page of this thread that has the financial update in it, but the summary is that as of last Saturday we are at a total of $246,124 from 271 contributions. We are averaging nearly $1000 per donor which is OUTSTANDING, but we need more of the members to step up and do their part. I know that there were quite a few donations made at the track over the Labor Day weekend - THANK YOU!!

Quickie update! As of 9/12 CAMA as a whole has raised $254,409, with an average donation of $788.

The MRA is responsible for $48,417 of that, with an average donation of $1,345.

Our average donation is SPECTACULAR!! We just need more of you to get involved! I hope all of you who may be on the fence about donating will take advantage of the informational dinner and site tour event I have put together on October 7th. Go here http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=4914 for more info!!

10/2 - Well, I haven't posted an update in a while, mostly because not a lot has been happening, at least on our end.

The MRA total is up to $49,117 from 38 donors. I'm hoping that the fundraising event this weekend will net some significant donations but the fact is that almost 1/2 of the people who signed up to attend have already donated.

Of the five CAMA clubs the MRA has fallen to 3rd place in overall dollars raised and we are in last place in number of donors. Here's how things stack up:

RMVR - $129,542 from 107 donors
SCCA - $51,996 from 83 donors
MRA - $49,117 from 38 donors
PCA - $46,329 from 81 donors
MCCA - $25,035 from 97 donors

Total donations is $302,771. We need to get to $500,000 minimum to break ground and build a usable facility.

Just to point out a couple facts I mentioned in recent riders meetings:

1) Of the $49,117 the MRA has raised $34,000 has come from 3 people. Without those three generous people we have raised only about $15,000

2) We need more people to participate. The MRA has less than 1/2 the number of donors that any of the other clubs do. The idea that "someone else will do it" won't fly, everyone needs to do their part. If you haven't donated yet, please consider doing it soon.