Thread: Looking for tips and/or 1-on-1 instruction

Junior Member Novice

Looking for tips and/or 1-on-1 instruction

Hi All,

I've raced a few weekends of 2014 and 2015 first on a 250 and then on a 600. I'm at a point where my laptimes have plateaued (and they're not impressive to begin with - like 2:07 to 2:09 on HPR full course on an '03 GSXR600: rated ~90hp new at sea level) and I think I could hugely benefit from some one on one instruction to step it up a notch. An outside perspective to keep me honest between what I think I look like I'm doing and what I actually look like I'm doing. Is anyone out there willing to help me out maybe on the Friday track day before Round 6 or at IMI some other weekday? And how much would you charge for intermittent help following, commenting, and being followed a bit? Thanks!!

More background: I've crashed twice already (PPIR last year and Pueblo this year) - both low sides from turning too much too quickly (I think). I lack the subtle understanding to know when I'm near the limit of traction (I'm on pirelli pro's on the 600 which I know are a little harder but I don't have generator + tire warmers +money for lots of tires etc yet) and plenty of skill to learn first before I try to all out win. Thoughts? Tips? Instructors?

Thanks!!

-Tim
    Timothy (Timbobiker) Schutt
    Novice #400

Senior Member Expert
    Tim,

I am more than willing to help you out at a Friday track day. We can also get some on bike footage, and go over that as well.

Shoot me a text or email, and we can figure something out.

~Brownie
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Junior Member Novice
    Awesome! Thank you!
    Timothy (Timbobiker) Schutt
    Novice #400