Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
Who "approves" it for roadracing on pavement? I doubt you'll find one race club that allows it. I was told the AMA has changed their rule this year to water only. No additives of any kind.

I understand the fear of voiding your warranty. That being said from 1996 to 2010 I used water and water wetter in my race bikes. I never had a single problem from doing that. After that I've used water only.

Maybe it would be a problem if you ran it in your bike for thousands of miles over many years. In Colorado track day motorcycles get system flushes at least twice a year unless you are brave or lazy.
I'm not sure what governing body gave it it's approval, but it's stated on their product website. From the information I can find, it's no different from Water Wetter or Royal purple Ice. It's non-glycol based (non pure ethylene glycol, the nasty slippery hard to clean stuff). But it does use a "glycol blend" (just like the others) for lubrication and corrosion protection. The big difference is there is no ethylene glycol. At least that's the info I am finding. I'm by no means an expert on this, but if someone knows more, I would really like to understand the differences if any.

A very trusted mechanic on the forum swears by Maxima Cool Aide, I don't know of anyone who uses the alternatives (RPI, and MMC). I have heard mixed reviews with longevity/corrosion protection wrt Redline Water Wetter. But again, they could be keeping the stuff in there year round. Not saying it's not good, but even my dealer is opposed to it. So a education on the subject would be appreciated

Any chemical engineers on the forum?