Thread: Rule Change Discussion: Production Cup Classes 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by widmannj View Post
    Sounds like we need to discuss more at the rule change meeting...
    Somewhere I'm guessing Shannon is agreeing with you, but since we can't seem to wait...

I know the 250s are no longer being built, but this is a recent change. We still have a lot of actual 250s on the grids and in the club. I haven't ridden a 250 and a 300, but I'm guessing with equal riders the 300 has an advantage. I could see combining them in a few years as the number of 250s drop, but given the number currently it seems premature. Otherwise, as others have mentioned, I see people coming to the conclusion that if they really want to be competitive in the class they have to move to a 300.
    MRA #760

Junior Member Novice
    I agree with Blair. Right now, we've got a decent number of 250's on the grid. If those numbers drop consistently later on, combining with the 300's would be fine. Cheap used '08-'12 Ninja 250 are still all over the place.

I'm also for keeping the stock airbox on the 250's, rather than trying to get them to keep up with the 300's.

I hope to keep running my 250 for several more years before upgrading to something bigger.

Mike, #479

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    Somewhere I'm guessing Shannon is agreeing with you, but since we can't seem to wait...

I know the 250s are no longer being built, but this is a recent change. We still have a lot of actual 250s on the grids and in the club. I haven't ridden a 250 and a 300, but I'm guessing with equal riders the 300 has an advantage. I could see combining them in a few years as the number of 250s drop, but given the number currently it seems premature. Otherwise, as others have mentioned, I see people coming to the conclusion that if they really want to be competitive in the class they have to move to a 300.