The following changes have been suggested for the production cup classes:

1) Consolidation into 2 classes - 350/500

I think this is a bad idea for a variety of reasons.

A few years ago we convinced the membership to buy bikes that were not competitive ANYWHERE else in our structure with the promise that there would be a place for them to race. These bikes are still active on our grids and there are several for sale in the forums at this time. By eliminating the class you potentially do several things. Alienate existing members who already own and race the motorcycles and depress the value of the bikes that are for sale.

Both of these have negative impacts on our members without any REAL positive benefit to the club. There is no time gained by eliminating the 250 class because it runs concurrently with the other production classes. I see no reason to eliminate this class.

2) Move the production rules closer to supersport - allowing cartridge forks etc.

I can get behind allowing a replacement rear shock, but the whole point of the production classes is to control the cost of competition. When you start adding $2000 fork kits and brembo master cylinders to the equation you will have 10K production bikes on the grid, completely contrary to the intention of the class. Personally I would like to see supersport bikes move more towards the PRODUCTION rules than moving our production bikes towards our supersport rules.

I support the rear shock because of the reasons stated in the rule change suggestion. Many of the bikes that are racing are getting to an age where a shock overhaul would be recommended / required. There are limited people / shops capable of this work and because of the shock design it's a prohibitive task. A replacement shock that is rebuildable will cost about the same as replacing or servicing the stock shock.