As a general theme I would like to see us move Supersport further away from Superbike rather than closer to it. It's already a stretch to call many of the bikes on the supersport grids actual supersport bikes.

One suggestion: Expand the production cup classes to include Production 600 with rules that closely mimic the current production cup rules. Minimal changes would be permitted. Fork valving would be OK, but cartridges would not. Slip on exhausts would be OK (with the intention of eliminating the catalytic converters to reduce heat) but full systems would not. Maybe shocks, maybe not. The stock one on the GSXR is really pretty good and I think the ones on the Yamaha's are reasonably decent where the ones on the Hondas are typically not so good.

Run this class in parallel with supersport for a season, maybe two, and then make THIS be supersport.

For my next act I will contradict myself.

Eliminate Open Supersport and replace it with Open Superstock.

Open Superstock will mimic the current OSS rules, except that it will allow use of slick tires at all times. The other supersport classes will remain on DOT's as presently required.

Rationale: 1000cc bikes have limited places to race during a weekend. This would expand the number of offerings to riders by one race class without forcing them to buy a special set of tires for just one class.