I would like to add the following to the rulebook to allow for a "LeMans Style" start for the 4-hour

Section 7.1.1 Four Hour Endurance Starting

The 4-hour endurance race will have a "LeMans Style" start with additional procedures as follows:

A. Bikes will be on the grid against the pit wall in their assigned grid positions at an angle facing forward.

B. Bikes will be running in neutral with one crew member holding it up from behind.

C. Riders will start on foot straight across from their bikes on the opposite side of the racing surface and will run to their machines when the light goes out or the green flag is waved.

I realize there might be a lot more to this but from my research, it seems that this is pretty standard for LeMans starts.

We had 34 entries for the 4 hour last year. If the bikes were spaced 8 feet apart then the grid would take up about 270 feet of track surface. The bikes start against the pit wall so that the crew can get back over in a reasonable time. Also, at HPR it will make for a better entry to turn 1.

Hope to get some people on board with this. It could be a lot of fun and definitely different.