Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick929 View Post
I think it's a good idea for ROR, BUT, the problem is getting corner workers to see who the leaders are and getting the flag up. Some of the corner workers just see bikes going by and wouldn't know which is which. So maybe that's a Chris decision on whether or not we would do that. I think it would be a cool thing and I know I'd be able to figure that out, especially for ROR, but some people couldn't and it would be inconsistent. Maybe on Sunday we have the most consistant workers in certain corners throughout the track that would be willing to throw a blue flag and announce those corners in the rider's meeting for Sunday so the ROR guys will know where to look for them if they are about to be lapped.
I have wondered about this myself. Watching F1 blue flags are going all the time. Having worked all three tracks this year(my first year) I think some tracks would be easier to do this on than others. HPR corners can't see much if any of the track beyond their section. I would think it would require either tracking equipment at the corners or maybe a separate radio channel with one person at the corner pretty much dedicated to that, working with the rest so they knew whom to blue flag. I like the idea but I think it would be difficult to implement reliably.

We need a live timing app like the F1 app.