Thread: Enclosed Race Trailer - A little ugly, but well set-up!

Senior Member Expert

Enclosed Race Trailer - A little ugly, but well set-up!

It looks like Sarah and I are joining the ranks of the folks that have some kind of living quarters that we tow to the race track, so this trailer is for sale. I would really like to see it stay in the community.

This trailer started life in 1996 as the original corner worker equipment trailer. It's really overbuilt. The frame is welded box sections of steel and it's suspended on a pair of torsion axles.

The Good:

I had a flat on the way home from the last round, so I just spent a couple hundred bucks on tires.

It's not pretty, but it's extremely well set-up for racing. There is room for three bikes across on pitbull stands in the rear. There are Pit Posse accessories installed including a fluids cabinet and paper towel holder, a place to hang a broom, tie down straps and cords. There are pit stand holders mounted to the walls above the bikes and e-track and a wheel chock for the center position. There is a work bench and storage shelves built across the front.

The Bad:

It's not pretty. It's been stolen once (and recovered, obviously). It's not completely weathertight, I would call it "highly weather resistant". It was a prototype before the folks that made it went into commercial production, so there are small gaps here and there that don't cause any structural problems, but they do let some water in if you're going down the highway in a big rain storm. It's built like a tank and is a little heavy for the overall size.

It has electric brakes, so you will want a brake controller to tow it. For short distances (Denver to any of our tracks) you could probably tow it with a Tacoma or the like, but you won't be getting there in a hurry. I would recommend at least a 1/2 ton full size vehicle (pickup / tahoe / expedition) for towing it any real distance.

The details:

2" ball
    7 way round electrical plug
    Interior size is 8' wide by 14.5' long
    Price - with all of the installed accessories (Pitbull floor plates, pit posse cabinets, stand holders) $2200

I will be using it for Round 6 at HPR this coming weekend. If you're interested please feel free to come by and have a look.
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Member Amateur
    Do I need to get a 5th wheel installed?

Senior Member Expert
    No sir.

All the the ones we are interested in so far are on goosnecks. We're safe!
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Member Amateur
    Scott do you still have the trailer? I tried to get a hold of you but no response... You're probably busy. Anyway let me know.
    Andrew "Streebles" Streby
    MRA #248
    RC8R
    ------------------------------
    Syndicate - Spears Racing - Bell Helmets - Sol Performance-Pirelli - AXO - Motorex - Braking - Smith Optics -GoPro- Engine Ice - Matrix Concepts - Shorai
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life."- Marco Simoncelli

Senior Member Expert
    Andrew -

Will get in touch by text tomorrow - sorry, traveling for work.
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Member Amateur
    all good just wanted to make sure maybe you're alive/don't hate me for some reason lol I don't have cooties i promise!
    Andrew "Streebles" Streby
    MRA #248
    RC8R
    ------------------------------
    Syndicate - Spears Racing - Bell Helmets - Sol Performance-Pirelli - AXO - Motorex - Braking - Smith Optics -GoPro- Engine Ice - Matrix Concepts - Shorai
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life."- Marco Simoncelli