Thread: Trying to get into the track/race scene! Need a bike

Junior Member Novice

Trying to get into the track/race scene! Need a bike

Pretty sure I wanna start inexpensive, such as a cbr250 or ninja250, but I'm open to all offers of bikes, my price range is 1000-2500.
    Must be pre wired, and be track ready or close to it.
    Thanks for posting, guys!

Senior Member Amateur
    Aspenbum has a 04 GSXR race bike for grabs or save another grand or so and get the 07 CBR600RR race bike for sale here. There was a f4 for sale a bit ago for $1900 but not sure if that one went already or not.
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G

Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by MadVlad View Post
    Aspenbum has a 04 GSXR race bike for grabs or save another grand or so and get the 07 CBR600RR race bike for sale here. There was a f4 for sale a bit ago for $1900 but not sure if that one went already or not.
    Yeah I was actually speaking to him about his. Think a gsxr would be a safe start? I'm 21, ridden bikes since I was 9 (not that this means ANYTHING for skill)

Senior Member Amateur
    I'm sure it is, a lot of people start on 600's even at the track and only seat time at the track can make you better. My first race bike is a 03 R6. With the 250's/300's you can have a ton of fun still and well they're cheaper to race from what I've heard. It'll be my first year racing next season
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G

Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by MadVlad View Post
    I'm sure it is, a lot of people start on 600's even at the track and only seat time at the track can make you better. My first race bike is a 03 R6. With the 250's/300's you can have a ton of fun still and well they're cheaper to race from what I've heard. It'll be my first year racing next season
    Awesome, thanks for the info man. Any other offers from people just post them up here please (not you MadVlad, any one in general).

Thanks!!

Senior Member Amateur
    You can always get info from a lot of people here. Everyone is always willing to help and offer guidance to us noobs.

Damir G

Senior Member Amateur
    We have an 07 250 ninja for sale. It's 250 production legal and cheap. $800. No title. Race only , not street legal.
    Adam's Sponsors: Kristie and Kevin McGuire, Chicane trackdays

Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamandNoahsdad View Post
    We have an 07 250 ninja for sale. It's 250 production legal and cheap. $800. No title. Race only , not street legal.
    can i get some pictures?? 2283410121