Thread: Suspension Tune/ Rebuild

Junior Member Novice

Suspension Tune/ Rebuild

Hey,

So I have an 08 zx6r with 24k miles and I at least need a suspension tune as I have never done it and I ride track more than road. At what mileage should I look at getting my forks and shocks rebuilt.

I have seen STM Suspension and the Imperial Sportbikes as place to go. Any one have experience with these guys or know of a good place? I was thinking Imperial as I could use a dyno/ tune up as well.

Thanks.

Senior Member Amateur
    Both are great options! Tres at Imperial tuned my bike and Dave at STM serviced my suspension.
    #279 Chris Sorensen (Track Marshal)
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Sol Performance - Pirelli
    Imperial Sportbikes
    Puma - Snug Harbor Motorsports
    ScorpionExo
    Woodcraft
    STM Suspension
    Mad-Moto
    Foothills Triumph

Senior Member Amateur
    Having your set up fresh and done for your weight/style man makes a huge change.
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G

Junior Member Novice
    Cool thanks! Yeah I have heard suspension can drop seconds off your lap time and I feel like my acceleration is lacking. I haven't done much to my bike other than routine maintenance since I got her, Could use a tune. I was getting killed on the straits at mra#3 by the other 600's.

Senior Member Expert
    I am a big fan of both shops.

Dave at STM consistently makes my bike better/easier to ride.

The crew at Imperial are rock stars too. Tres tuned the GSXR that I use for coaching me it runs great!

Mohammer Time! Expert
    There is always race tech in California. They do a fantastic job setting my bike up.
    shannon

Senior Member Amateur
    Get your valves checked too while you're doing the whole thing and you're just at about that mileage interval anyway.
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G