Thread: Crank no start issue

Junior Member Novice

Crank no start issue

Hi everyone hope I'm posting in the right place but I have an 04 r6 that I picked up wrecked and the key was bent. Well now it is becoming a track bike. So I removed the ignition switch, the kill switch, and starter switch. I have put the kill and ignition on a toggle switch turn it on everything seems to turn on and fuel pump primes. The starter is now a push button and it cranks like crazy. Seems I'm not getting spark and have a code 19. I've checked all fuses and kickstand is deleted and looped. Had it running a week ago with everything mocked up now that I have trimmed everything and put it where I want it won't start? Any suggestions would help. And if your worried that I stole a bike I can post a vin or whatever I need to to verify. Thanks again for any help Tommy

Senior Member Amateur
    Bad gas or plugs, start there. Those also had a recall for faulty coils, call a Yamaha dealer with your VIN and see if it qualifies
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G

Junior Member Novice
    Ok I will for sure just weird that is was running a week ago now nothing. I will call on Tuesday if anyone has any other ideas let me know

Junior Member Novice
    After doing some more research I may have burnt up the safety relay but won't know until TuesdayTuesday

Senior Member Expert
    Check the tip over switch too

Senior Member Amateur
    Clutch switch ignition loop?
    #279 Chris Sorensen (Track Marshal)
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Sol Performance - Pirelli
    Imperial Sportbikes
    Puma - Snug Harbor Motorsports
    ScorpionExo
    Woodcraft
    STM Suspension
    Mad-Moto
    Foothills Triumph

Anti theft device in the ignition switch. You'll need to put a resister in line or it won't run. Call Bart at MadMoto, he has dealt with this a few times.
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy