Thread: Mra round 1 - race day show reel - super slo-mo 5/10/2014 - hpr

Junior Member Novice

Mra round 1 - race day show reel - super slo-mo 5/10/2014 - hpr

Hello Everyone,

Linked is 12 minutes of Super SLO-MO footage shot from the turn 1 corner workers stand. I'm sorry I can't cover all the races and all the riders, but I'm working alone out there, and shot 128GB!! of the highest quality, including 4K and Super SLO-MO at 180 frames/second. It all came out pretty great but it takes a while to process all that data. This is the first file.

By early next week, I should have another video uploaded that has more riders, more events, and was shot in 4k.

These videos were shot with the Sony PMW-F55 with 85mm Sony PL Cinema Prime lens. I hope you enjoy them.

Best,
    Tom Roper
    BMWS1000RR

http://youtu.be/t-9ixpDo7qw

Member Novice
    That is super sweet! I love that you can see when people let off the brakes and get back on the gas, and also the rear wheel bouncing around coming into the turn. Awesome footage!!
    Novice

Senior Member Amateur
    Pretty cool footage
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G

Senior Member Amateur
    Thanks for sharing!

Senior Member Amateur
    Hot!
    MRA #88

Junior Member Novice

Smile

Thank you for the props!

There is more coming, uploading to YouTube now. It's not in the Super Slo-Mo variety, but is shot in 4k, four times the resolution of 1080p HD, however, I don't think it is as impressive as the slo-mo, and in order to experience the benefits it has to be viewed on 4k/UHD monitor, which most people won't have at this point. But if you do, well there you go.

I'll post another link when it is ready.