Just a suggestion, but leave the bike stock. Get some used race bodywork, safety wire it up properly, and go ride it. You won't get better forks on the bike without swapping the front end, though you could at least have someone like Dave @STM do some cartridges to make them a little better. There are a ton of upgrades you can do to the SV, but honestly I would just run it stock for a while and get used to riding it on a road course. If you're going to invest a bunch of money, put it into yourself - take some good classes, even seek private instruction. Some of the local fast guys do one-on-one teaching, and you can do courses like STAR or YCRS to learn from pros.

The one issue you will have with a stock SV is the 160 rear. I am not sure who's making that size these days, but your options may be limited in that aspect. Someone else here may be able to comment on which vendors still supply them (I know Michelin does not). I converted my 2001 SV to a 180 rear just FYI, there are spacer kits you can buy for the GSX-R wheel.