Thread: MRA specific HPR open lapping fridays

Senior Member Amateur

MRA specific HPR open lapping fridays

On the HPR calendar, there are several friday lapping days designated MRA only open lapping. What's the scoop? I am a cornerworker and have been for years but am not a paying club member. Do I need an associate membership to lap on these days? A full membership? Is the MRA actually renting and running the track these days? Or is it just motorcycle open lapping preceding each race weekend and designated as such for enthusiasm's sake?

When the job comes and I have a real income, I'll likely start racing and get a membership, so this may become moot.

-Marsh
    2021 MRA Race Director

MRA Cornerworker 2009-2014, 2020
    Equipment Manager, Crash Cart, & Mobile Responder in there at times
    EX250 Track Day Enthusiast & RMMM KX65 Racer 2020

Marsh - I believe you have to have a current MRA race license to participate.
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

The MRA has a deal with HPR that if we want we can make the Friday track day before an MRA weekend exclusive to only MRA licensed racers. However the only day of the season that we currently exercise that exclusivity is the Friday before the first round of the season. As of now all of the other Fridays before MRA events are open to anyone.
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy

Senior Member Expert
    Carl is correct, there is only ONE Friday (May 9th) that is exclusive to MRA licensed racers.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Amateur
    Kind of out of context-ish. Does this apply for HPR only or it's still cool to join the track day at other race tracks that Friday before the races If you're not licensed.
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G

It's only at HPR. Pueblo and PPIR are open to everyone.
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy