Thread: 2014 Race Season Coming soon!

Senior Member Amateur

2014 Race Season Coming soon!

Hey guys,

This is Chris Sorensen, the new Track Marshal. I just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself. The 2014 season is coming very soon.

If you haven't seen the schedule, here it is.

http://forums.mra-racing.org/showthr...eason-Schedule

We hope you're all planning to come back this year! Bring your friends too, the same incentives are in place for this year (extra $). I'll be posting up the sign up packet soon. Feel free to PM / Email / Facebook me with any questions or concerns you might have about corner working this year. I'm looking forward to a great season!

Cheers,

-Chris
    cjmagnuss@gmail.com
    #279 Chris Sorensen (Track Marshal)
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Sol Performance - Pirelli
    Imperial Sportbikes
    Puma - Snug Harbor Motorsports
    ScorpionExo
    Woodcraft
    STM Suspension
    Mad-Moto
    Foothills Triumph

Senior Member Amateur
    I look forward to the coming season. If I am in state, I'll be there in one capacity or another. If I am adequately employed, I plan to race the ninja 250.

Get excited! The race season will be here in no time!

-Marsh
    2021 MRA Race Director

MRA Cornerworker 2009-2014, 2020
    Equipment Manager, Crash Cart, & Mobile Responder in there at times
    EX250 Track Day Enthusiast & RMMM KX65 Racer 2020

Senior Member Amateur
    I'll most likely be working Sundays again cause its S.S on Saturdays for moi! Very excited about the season nearing.
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G

Senior Member Amateur
    That's a great idea. Corner work one day, race the other day.
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Imperial Sportbikes
    ScorpionExo
    Woodcraft
    STM Suspension
    Mad-Moto
    Foothills Triumph

Senior Member Amateur
    Mainly if you plan on racing later, I've learned a lot these past few years by paying attention while in my corner on different braking points, body position, corner entrance and exit, etc.... Hoping to put that into practice and improve each step of the way.
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G

Member Amateur
    Standing in the middle of turn 7 at Pueblo in front of a downed bike spilling gasoline during an Endurance race with a unconscious rider in front of the downed bike right in the middle of the racing line and doing everything I can to prevent riders from hitting the crashed bike and rider and then getting SCREAMED at from Ray the then Track Marshal for being "rude" over the radio ( ... what ?... ) was the memory of my MRA involvement after decades of being there as a committed Corner Worker. I am very happy Ray is not in that position any more and hope he will NEVER be in a position on the board of the MRA in any capacity. If this is the case now for this season then I will return to the MRA if you'll have me back. If not ... Everyone please have a great and safe season of racing during 2014 . shane-
    shane at 303-459-0413

Quote Originally Posted by shaneboone View Post
    Standing in the middle of turn 7 at Pueblo in front of a downed bike spilling gasoline during an Endurance race with a unconscious rider in front of the downed bike right in the middle of the racing line and doing everything I can to prevent riders from hitting the crashed bike and rider and then getting SCREAMED at from Ray the then Track Marshal for being "rude" over the radio ( ... what ?... ) was the memory of my MRA involvement after decades of being there as a committed Corner Worker. I am very happy Ray is not in that position any more and hope he will NEVER be in a position on the board of the MRA in any capacity. If this is the case now for this season then I will return to the MRA if you'll have me back. If not ... Everyone please have a great and safe season of racing during 2014 . shane-
    HAHA! Was rayray's lost finger in the same corner? Perhaps you stepped on it?
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden

Senior Member Amateur
    Hey Shane, I'm not a screamer so don't worry about that. That Pueblo occurrence is without a doubt a Red Flag scenario by today's protocols.
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Imperial Sportbikes
    ScorpionExo
    Woodcraft
    STM Suspension
    Mad-Moto
    Foothills Triumph

Senior Member Amateur
    So my sister and my cousin are interested in corner working this year, she just turned 18 and my cousin is only 17 however so is he still okay to do this or not? Thanks.

Damir G

Senior Member Amateur
    Yes he is but will need parent or guardian to sign the release form. Get those packets in!
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Imperial Sportbikes
    ScorpionExo
    Woodcraft
    STM Suspension
    Mad-Moto
    Foothills Triumph

Senior Member Amateur
    Cool, I'll let them know asap. Thank you sir

Damir G

Senior Member Amateur
    Also there Is a part in there that says it needs to be notarized? Is that necessary?

Damir G

Senior Member Amateur
    I'm working on an answer to that.
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Imperial Sportbikes
    ScorpionExo
    Woodcraft
    STM Suspension
    Mad-Moto
    Foothills Triumph

President Expert
    If they are not 18, they are not considered an adult and can not legally sign the waiver and any liability. We will need it notarized by their parent or guardian.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    Anyone that can notarize that here? Or that knows of any notaries?

Damir G

Member Amateur
    I think they mean just signed by their parent.. notnotarized by a "notary of the public".... but I could be wrong

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by MadVlad View Post
    Anyone that can notarize that here? Or that knows of any notaries?
    Damir, if you need a notary, we have one here at my office that can do it for you.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Amateur
    Cool, you guys still at the frontage road by BG products?

Damir G

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by MadVlad View Post
    Cool, you guys still at the frontage road by BG products?
    Yes sir. Just let me know when and I'll let her know.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Amateur
    Word man, I'll text you. I'll be in that area running some errands later on today. Thank you capteon witwickay

Damir G

Member Amateur
    I can notarize documents and will bring my stamp with me. I'll be in Carport #14 for round 1 at HPR. Both parties must be present

Siobhan #522
    '07 APRILIA RSVR
    '07 HONDA
    KomodoGear
    RhinoMoto
    Galfer