Thread: Colorado New Tire Fee

Senior Member Amateur

Colorado New Tire Fee

Hey Everyone,
    Just to let you know that Colorado has imposed a "New Tire Fee" for (You guessed it) any new tire sold in the state.

You can read up on it if you would like, http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...&ssbinary=true.

The basics of it is that I have to charge an extra $1.50 for each new tire I sell and give that to the state. This way they can pretend to use the money for tire waste programs but actually use it for other programs that have nothing to do with tires.

This charge is not the same money I have to pay to get rid of your old unusable tires. I pay for that myself.

You will see this "fee" on your invoice when you buy a new tire from now on.

Thanks,
    Oscar

Thanks for letting us know. This is the first I've heard of this. It may not seem like much, but it's my opinion that they are already wasting several hundred million each year, so they need to be cutting back any fees(aka taxes) instead of adding new ones. I'm kind of surprised that with a Democrat majority in office, they didn't make it more like $15-20/tire. They were all too happy to bulldoze over Coloradoans in any way they could last year.

Vote Libertarian or TEA!
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as YOUR money." - an IRS auditor

2000 Kawaski ZX-12R
    2003 Suzuki SV1000

Senior Member Expert
    I am impressed that a thread about tires went political in one reply.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

President Expert
    Still a bargain compared to what you will be charged if you leave your used tires behind at the track this season.
    MRA #29

And this isn't even the CSC! Um, you mean the thread about new government taxes? Everything can be politicized when the gov't encroaches into every aspect of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    I am impressed that a thread about tires went political in one reply.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as YOUR money." - an IRS auditor

2000 Kawaski ZX-12R
    2003 Suzuki SV1000