Thread: 2001 748/996

Junior Member Novice

2001 748/996

All,

I am looking to get into trackdays and racing and want to start with a Ninja 250. I have a 2001 Dcc 748 with a 2002 996 motor with ~28k miles on the bike and ~19k miles on the motor that i bought about a year ago from a local gent. He had LOTS of toys and was just cleaning house and the bike was meticulously maintained. It was a CA bike and this owner had it there but when he moved to altitude he wanted more power... Thus he found a crashed 996 and had Boulder Motorsports do the swap. I have just ridden it to commute and for fun in the canyons but feel I would learn much more form a Ninja 250 on the track. Everything for the swap was done by Boulder Motorsports and I have documentation ,service manual, etc. There are lots of little goodies like fancy levers, wheels, Termi TI pipes and carbon cans (obviously this thing will give you a chubby just from the sound...), etc. I have a set of fresh tires for it that will go with it if you want them (Pilot Road 2's caus I am slow and cheap). I also have it setup as a Biposto with the appropriate seat and passenger pegs, but also have a Monoposto tail that goes with it. This bike is not perfect as there are some scratches, it could use a new clutch basket, but that is about it. Bike dyoned about 116hp at the wheel, which is way too much for me... the picture below doesn't have the tail light in it, this is the only picture i have on hand at the moment and it was from the tail conversion.

Anyway, i have not posted this elsewhere yet because of my interest in racing a 250, so I was trying to see if anyone had a 250 that wanted a streetbike instead. I will obviously entertain cash offers but am looking for more of a mentor to help me along with racing for a season etc.

So, if you have a race ready 250 and want to trade or make a deal I am all ears!

Thanks!

Mohammer Time! Expert
    How much are you asking?

Junior Member Novice
    I would really like to trade for a prepped 250 but would consider offers around $5000.

Member Novice
    I've still got my 250 I might consider looking into a trade. Can you send me some more pictures? Thanks!