Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for the 2014 rulebook (closed).

Mohammer Time! Expert

Suggestions for the 2014 rulebook (closed).

Suggestions for the 2014 rulebook are now open and will be accepted until Tuesday October 1st, 2013) rules suggestions will not be accepted after 2400hrs on October 1, 2013). Once the list is compiled, the proposed rule changes will be sent out to all members. Rule changes can be submitted to myself, the VP of Rules and Tech, or to any rider representative. The preferred method would be for racers to submit rule changes via this thread.

We've changed the venue and scenery for the rule change meeting over the last few years, so I am up for suggestions on where to have it. The rule change meeting will take place late October or early November.

The rule change meeting is open to all members and will be held to discuss the proposed 2014 rule changes. The members attending this meeting will be encouraged to give input on the changes that will be presented to the MRA board for approval. I would like to have finalized rule changes for the 2014 season firmed up before the end of the year.

When making your suggestion, be sure to cite the existing rule and what changes you are suggesting. If it is a new rule, please use the exact wording as you would like it to appear at the rule change meeting and possibly the rulebook.

If you want to discuss your rule change proposal, please start a separate thread.

If you have any questions please shoot me a PM.
    Last edited by TRK; January 20th, 2014 at 06:19 PM.

Senior Member Amateur
    In the spirit of Pete Tabor's controversial rule change requests:

2.2 Supersport classes
    2.2.2 Class Equipment Requirements
    C. The following items may be replaced by parts of unrestricted origin
    h. Rear shocks (linkage must remain stock)

Proposed:

2.2 Supersport classes
    C. The following items may be replaced by parts of unrestricted origin
    h. Rear shocks and shock linkage
    Pete Tabor
    MRA #599
    --------------------------
    Fun Center Cycles
    Sol Performance
    Speedin' Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    2.2.2.F.c. Existing Rule:
    2.2. Supersport Classes
    F. "Engine Modifications"
    c. Cam timing may be altered by modifying or replacing sprockets, substituting adjustable sprockets, or other means such that the original camshaft, including lift, duration, profile and weight are not altered.

2.2.2.F.c. Propposed Rule Change/Addition:
    2.2 Supersport Classes
    F. "Engine Modifications"
    c. Cam timing may be altered by modifying or replacing sprockets, substituting adjustable sprockets, or other means such that the original camshaft, including lift, duration, profile and weight are not altered. Camshaft timing is to remain fixed while engine is operating, unless originally equipped with variable cam/valve timing. A camshaft chain tensioner of stock or aftermarket origin may be installed.
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    Existing Rule
    2.2 Supersport Classes
    2.2.3 Class Displacement and Configuration Limits
    A. Middleweight Supersport
    --Up to 600cc four cylinder

Proposed Rule
    2.2 Supersport Classes
    --Up to 636cc four cylinder
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
    Existing Rule
    2.2 Supersport Classes
    --Up to 600cc four cylinder

Proposed Rule
    2.2 Supersport Classes
    --Up to 636cc four cylinder
    =D> This! \/
    MRA #137
    CVMA #137x

Proposed Rule - New Rule
    10.L - The use of anything over your leathers and helmet prohibited. Such and Tu-tu's, furry arm bands and Mohawks. Exception to the rule is jackets and or rain gear.
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    Ah come on Ray I was looking for the person to be the first to wear a tux, some pumps or perhaps a pair of fuzzy slippers. Seriously though, I'm in full agreement and find these Tutu's, furry armbands and etc to be a distraction and really take away from the image that I thought the MRA wished to project. Though we aren't a "professional" organization I would hope that we could at least try and project a somewhat professional image at least going forward.

Senior Member Expert

procedure or rule??

Not sure about this....there is no rule that pertains to this as it is procedural.

Proposal/New rule: When rider(s) miss third call and start from pre grid for a 2 class race, they are to be released at the end of their class/group. NOT at the end of the entire grid. Case in point, MWEND/LWEND rider is in MW and starts at pregrid. Said rider(s) will be released as the last rider in MW passes whatever plane/line/corner that would effect a normal release as it is set up now. Instead of waiting for LW to pass. It is with regard to safety that said rider(s) are allowed to be at the back of thier respective group without interfering with the slower group they would be merging into.

The affected rider(s) are still penalised by being at the back of their respective grid (same as a single class race) and in front of the slower group thus not causing issue at the start of a race where the group is bunched up tightly.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Amateur
    2.10 Production Cup Classes
    C. The stock airbox, air box cover, air filter and intake snorkel must remain in place and connected as they came from the factory. The air box drains may be sealed for fluid retention. No other modifications of the airbox, air filter or intake snorkel is permitted.

New Rule
    C. The stock airbox, air box cover, and intake snorkel must remain in place and connected as they came from the factory. The stock air filter may be replaced with an OEM style replacement. The air box drains may be sealed for fluid retention.

I. Suspension may be modified with different springs, valves and oil. The stock rear shock body and stock fork tubes must be retained and unmodified.

New Rule
    I. Suspension may be modified with different springs, valves and oil. The stock rear shock may be changed or modified but must remain the same type as original.

N. Tires must be DOT rated tires only.

New Rule
    N. Tires may be replaced with tires of unlimited origin. Rain tires may be used if a race is declared to be a wet race.
    MRA #137
    CVMA #137x

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Production Cup Rule

new Rule

Passenger footpegs and brackets may be removed, and may be cut off at the subframe or mount point if they are not able to be unbolted.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut_EOD

New Rule
    I. Suspension may be modified with different springs, valves and oil. The stock rear shock may be changed or modified but must remain the same type as original.
    This may sound dumb, but what do you mean same "type"?

Joe
    MRA # 157
    2010 Ducati 1198S
    2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
    2012 Ducati 796 Monster
    2004 Ducati 749S
    SW Scooternews, Sol Performance/Pirelli, Rudy Project, TYGA Performance, Boulder Motorsports, Woodcraft, Nitron Racing Shocks, Shorai

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by jmaher
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut_EOD

New Rule
    This may sound dumb, but what do you mean same "type"?

Joe
    Same configuration. Meaning no custom mount points or anything other than a bolt on replacement or modifying the stock shock.
    MRA #137
    CVMA #137x

Senior Member Expert
    I would like to propose the following change to the Supertwins GTU class. Section 4.2.1 item 3
    As it currently reads:
    SuperTwins GTU
    • Up to 750 cc two cylinder, four-stroke (excluding Ducati 749R)
    • Up to 250cc two-stroke
    • Up to 995cc two cylinder, four-stroke, two valves per cylinder, air-cooled
    • Unlimited displacement single cylinder, four-stroke

I propose the rule read:

SuperTwins GTU
    • Up to 850 cc two cylinder, four-stroke
    • Up to 250cc two-stroke
    • Up to 995cc two cylinder, four-stroke, two valves per cylinder, air-cooled
    • Unlimited displacement single cylinder, four-stroke
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

Senior Member Amateur
    Multicolored checkered that corner workers can wave at racers during the cool down lap at the end of race, make it more cool in a congratulatory sense and style. Just a suggestion, be kind of cool.
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G

Mohammer Time! Expert
    I like it!

Senior Member Amateur
    Formula 40 current rules;
    • Unlimited displacement and origin
    • Racer must be 40 years of age or older on the day of the event
    • Experts who race RoR and are a MRA top 10 plate holder from the previous
    season are ineligible to race Formula 40 that season (see section 4.2 C).

Proposed:
    Create two Formula 40 classes to be run at the same time, similar to how we run the different endurance classes at the same time:
    Formula 40 GTU and Formula 40 GTO.

eliminate any restrictions on ROR racers entering Formula 40 to make it open to any racer 40 or older. amateur class and superbike rules apply.

rohorn
    Quote Originally Posted by MadVlad
    Multicolored checkered that corner workers can wave at racers during the cool down lap at the end of race, make it more cool in a congratulatory sense and style. Just a suggestion, be kind of cool.
    Not the rainbow flag, right?

Not sure if this is a good idea or not: Replace the entire cornerworker crew with novices for the SuperStreet final "hour" in exchange for an hour of volunteer time.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by nobasin
    eliminate any restrictions on ROR racers entering Formula 40 to make it open to any racer 40 or older. amateur class and superbike rules apply.
    Technically the class is currently under Grand Prix rules as opposed to Superbike rules. I would vote to continue it as a GP class, but I suspect that's what you intended anyway. :wink:
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by rohorn
    Not the rainbow flag, right?

Not sure if this is a good idea or not: Replace the entire cornerworker crew with novices for the SuperStreet final "hour" in exchange for an hour of volunteer time.
    No rainbow lol... maybe even like blue white flag.
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G

FYI... This would not be a "rule change" this would be a "procedure change" That you will need to discuss with the new track marshal.
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
    Quote Originally Posted by nobasin
    Technically the class is currently under Grand Prix rules as opposed to Superbike rules. I would vote to continue it as a GP class, but I suspect that's what you intended anyway. :wink:
    yes, GP rules, not superbike. oops.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray
    FYI... This would not be a "rule change" this would be a "procedure change" That you will need to discuss with the new track marshal.
    okay, thanks.

Damir G

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Add the new Ducati 899 to Thunderbike

Mohammer Time! Expert
    An add in for the production cup changes:

Brake rotors may be replaced with aftermarket products of OEM material, steel, or iron but must have the same outside diameter as the OEM part. Brake lines and pads may be of any origin.

Senior Member Expert
    Well I wasn’t originally going to suggest it since I did not see much support for it when asking around, but here it goes. Not sure what section this technically applies to for ROR, and may be considered more of a schedule change, but I would like to see RORO and RORU split into two different races instead of a combined class. Yeah I know it’s a crazy idea. I personally think it would generate more participation in both classes. Those who currently run in O would also have the option of running a 600 in U as well. (I would race in both if I had the option) I personally think it would simply generate more participation. I know this creates a nightmare for overall plate number points and what not, and that’s why it seems to lack support, but I figured I’d bring it up. I could care less about a #1 plate at the end of the year, but that is me and I know a lot of others do care.

Each class would carry the additional ROR fee on top of the other races, which would apply to the overall purse for each class. I also think 1st place purse amount should cover the set of tires and tank of race fuel. Being our premier class bumping up the purse a couple hundred bucks may generate more incentive and competition within the class.

I have heard the argument multiple times that bumping the purse would cause out of town money chasers to start showing up. That being said, good I hope it does! The more fast guys to compete with is a good thing instead of the same crew year after year. Also, I highly doubt it really generate significant interest going from $300 to say $500(just for example) for first place, the bump hardly covers diesel to travel a long distance. I know the extra say 1400$ x 2 classes for the purse bump would come out of the clubs additional funds generated over the year, but say you pick up 4 or 5 racers for each class it pays for itself. I know there is a bunch of “in between the lines info” I may be missing, I just wanted to see if there is any support in the matter.

Not to come off as whining, but it sure would be sweet to run the big bikes against the big bikes and the 600’s against the 600’s. It would eliminate the pain of getting your doors blown off on the straights and then freight training around the corners behind the big bikes. I know the correct answer to this issue is to get faster, and clean the sand out, but for those who have been out there on a 600 I think you know what I’m talking about… I just think it would make for two ridiculously competitive classes, and may generate more participation. That is all…
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast