Well I wasn’t originally going to suggest it since I did not see much support for it when asking around, but here it goes. Not sure what section this technically applies to for ROR, and may be considered more of a schedule change, but I would like to see RORO and RORU split into two different races instead of a combined class. Yeah I know it’s a crazy idea. I personally think it would generate more participation in both classes. Those who currently run in O would also have the option of running a 600 in U as well. (I would race in both if I had the option) I personally think it would simply generate more participation. I know this creates a nightmare for overall plate number points and what not, and that’s why it seems to lack support, but I figured I’d bring it up. I could care less about a #1 plate at the end of the year, but that is me and I know a lot of others do care.

Each class would carry the additional ROR fee on top of the other races, which would apply to the overall purse for each class. I also think 1st place purse amount should cover the set of tires and tank of race fuel. Being our premier class bumping up the purse a couple hundred bucks may generate more incentive and competition within the class.

I have heard the argument multiple times that bumping the purse would cause out of town money chasers to start showing up. That being said, good I hope it does! The more fast guys to compete with is a good thing instead of the same crew year after year. Also, I highly doubt it really generate significant interest going from $300 to say $500(just for example) for first place, the bump hardly covers diesel to travel a long distance. I know the extra say 1400$ x 2 classes for the purse bump would come out of the clubs additional funds generated over the year, but say you pick up 4 or 5 racers for each class it pays for itself. I know there is a bunch of “in between the lines info” I may be missing, I just wanted to see if there is any support in the matter.

Not to come off as whining, but it sure would be sweet to run the big bikes against the big bikes and the 600’s against the 600’s. It would eliminate the pain of getting your doors blown off on the straights and then freight training around the corners behind the big bikes. I know the correct answer to this issue is to get faster, and clean the sand out, but for those who have been out there on a 600 I think you know what I’m talking about… I just think it would make for two ridiculously competitive classes, and may generate more participation. That is all…