Thread: General Q's about Transponders

Junior Member Novice

General Q's about Transponders

I have done a few SuperStreet events now and am official addicted. I am wanting to improve upon my lap times and am wondering if I where to buy a transponder would I be able to get my lap times from Laping Days, and Superstreet events, or does it have to be a Real MRA race?

Is the AMB Transponder X260 the only one accepted or are there other options?

Maybe interested in buying one within the month if anyone's getting rid of one!

Thank You!

You can rent one from mylaps.com for $90 per year if you don't want to buy one. I don't know if they will work during Super Street, not sure if they have the system on or not.

Senior Member Expert
    Hey richie-rich,

The only time we ues the AMB (MyLaps) transponders is during MRA sanctioned racing. So I think you may be better off using an AIM/MyChron system with a beacon for track days and Super Street races. This is also a much more affordable set up. Many of us have them within the club and it is the head unit mounted on the bike that collects and displays all of your lap times. Here's a link to the website: http://www.aimsports.com/moto/index.html

If you have any further questions about the transponders we use, I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Hope this helps,

Jim 'smooth' Brewer

Re: General Q's about Transponders

Hey Rich - I have a MyChron Lite TG in good shape with downloading software that I'm not using anymore. Send me email at jjb@bigstickracing.com if you're interested in getting it!

Junior Member Novice
    Thank You!