Thread: AMA PRO RACING TIRE CONTROL - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED AT MILLER

Senior Member Amateur 1ofTheBoys's Avatar

AMA PRO RACING TIRE CONTROL - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED AT MILLER

AMA PRO RACING TIRE CONTROL
    VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

AMA Pro Racing will run the Tire Control Program at Miler Motorsports Park August 2 - 4, 2013 and we are seeking volunteers to help. We are looking to fill the volunteer positions with individuals that can work all three days but will consider one or two day workers only if we do not have enough three day workers..

Tire Control
    Tire control is the monitoring of tire usage at AMA Pro Racing events. The competitor is the individual or entity who is entitled to enter a machine for competition. As a competitor goes through tech he/she will receive stickers for their tires. The tire stickers are color coded for each class. Each competitor will receive a designated amount of stickers dependent upon which classes the competitor is signed up for.

Tire Marshal
    The Tire Marshal’s job is to check all bikes for stickers prior to the bikes going on track. The Tire Marshal will stop each bike to log the sticker numbers and color of stickers. Tire Marshal’s will also log stickers each time an entrant changes tires during their allotted practice.

This is a simple job but it is very important to ensure stickers are on all tires prior to track entry. All competitors know the tags are being checked but appreciate it when this is completed quickly in order for them to get on the track. Tire Marshals will be working rain or shine so please come prepared. Tire Marshals should expect to work August 2 - 4, 2013 from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm on Friday, from 7:00 am to 11:00 am and 4:00 - 5:00 on Saturday and from 7:30 am to 10:30 am Sunday.

In exchange for your services, you will be given a credential good for all three days, a parking pass to the P1 lot for your vehicle, lunch on Friday and a shirt for the event. You will be allowed one more credential for you to assign to a guest. The guest credentials are for paddock entry only and do not include hot pit access, parking pass or shirt.

If you sign up for the event, please be there or give adequate notice that something has come up.

To sign up, please send an email to sheilapaul@live.com with your full name (as it appears on your drivers license), days you are available to work, shirt size and cell phone number.

Thank you,

Sheila Paul
    AMA Pro Racing
    Tire Control
    Sheila Paul - Instructor
    Texas Tornado Boot Camp

Senior Member Amateur
    You guys should take Sheila up on this offer. Not only will you be helping her out, but you'll be up close and personal with the pro teams, which is something to see for sure. Then, if you're nice, I'm sure she will let you watch the qualifying sessions and races from hot pit, which is also quite an experience.

To top it off, both Miller and the AMA need all the support they can get. I'd be there, but I'm out of the country until the 10th. Enjoy for all those attending. I'm sure it will be impressive!

- David
    David "MOBSTER" Mobley | MRA # 78
    Dunlop Race Tires / BlackBerry
    http://www.mobster78.com

Senior Member Amateur
    You guys should take Sheila up on this offer. Not only will you be helping her out, but you'll be up close and personal with the pro teams, which is something to see for sure. Then, if you're nice, I'm sure she will let you watch the qualifying sessions and races from hot pit, which is also quite an experience.

To top it off, both Miller and the AMA need all the support they can get. I'd be there, but I'm out of the country until the 10th. Enjoy for all those attending. I'm sure it will be impressive!

- David
    David "MOBSTER" Mobley | MRA # 78
    Dunlop Race Tires / BlackBerry
    http://www.mobster78.com

Senior Member Amateur
    Michelle and I both just volunteered.
    MRA #137
    CVMA #137x

Senior Member Amateur
    We're on the list! Woo hoo! \/
    MRA #137
    CVMA #137x

Thanks Dave for the props.
    Yes you are Michelle, see you next week. I still have spots available.
    Sheila Paul - Instructor
    Texas Tornado Boot Camp

Senior Member Amateur
    If I had the money to go I would totally be there. Have fun
    Brandon

Member Novice
    I want to echo David. I had the opportunity to volunteer as a tire marshal for the last two years at Miller. It was really an awesome experience! I'd jump at the chance if it wasn't for my new job.

Jeremy
    Jeremy Widmann
    MRA #990
    Sol Performance - Pirelli, Leo Vince, Honda, Syndicate

Member Novice
    I want to echo David. I had the opportunity to volunteer as a tire marshal for the last two years at Miller. It was really an awesome experience! I'd jump at the chance if it wasn't for my new job.

Jeremy
    Jeremy Widmann
    MRA #990
    Sol Performance - Pirelli, Leo Vince, Honda, Syndicate

Jeremy, glad you enjoyed it.
    I still have a couple spots left if anyone is interested.
    Sheila Paul - Instructor
    Texas Tornado Boot Camp