Thread: Wanted- My tools, brake bleeder, and my other shit back

Senior Member Expert

Wanted- My tools, brake bleeder, and my other shit back

Hey all....I don't know names of all whom I am addressing since I have lost track of who is who, but I lent out quite a few tools, parts and so on these past 2 rounds, as well as some expensive ass impact sockets to multiple people...some returned, most weren't. I also lent out my mightyvac brake bleeder...I don't even know your name whoever you were, that desperately needed it in the moment. I sure as hell would like it back though. I actually ended up needing it at rd 3 and couldn't use it... So if you are harboring any of my tools or parts it would be really nice if they were returned. I dont mind helping any body out with tools or the few parts I have, and will continue to do so...but man I don't know how Jeff and some of the other guys do it over the years...

I always return what I borrow or replace with a new part, so it would be pretty cool if the favor was returned otherwise I won't be helping out as much...and its incredible how a simple bolt, lever or bearing can actually ruin an entire championship because no one has one trackside 10 minutes before your next race.... trust me I know!
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

President Expert
    How about all of you be stand-up guys and return Nik's tools? I know none of this was intentional but I hate hearing or reading about this, and it's happened to me many times over the years, too.

Nik, you can borrow my mityvac brake bleeder if you need it.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks Jim,

Hope this doesn't come off as whining, just was hoping I'd see some of my stuff again. :shock:

I appreciate the offer on the Bleeder and thanks for letting us use it on Shannon's master!
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Quote Originally Posted by NossLou
    Thanks Jim,

Hope this doesn't come off as whining, just was hoping I'd see some of my stuff again. :shock:

I appreciate the offer on the Bleeder and thanks for letting us use it on Shannon's master!
    "Shannon's master"....... :lol:
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden

Senior Member Expert
    Yeah Nik,
    I'm afraid that this is a subject that needs to be brought up during the raceschool at the beginning of your career as we who have done this have learned much the way you are. When everyone's pumped up on adrenalin appairently the brain goes into some mode that prevents people from returning things, they get ready for their race (using your tools and parts no doubt) then they race, maybe the people who helped them accomplish the task, their girlfriend/wife or whoever neatly tucks away your tools, parts what have you, and your left wondering why the hell you lent them out in the first place on top of who the hell was that anyway?
    Good news is that if you stick around longer nuff you can eventually borrow your parts and tools back, rather or not your adrenalin helps you return them is up to you. My policy is just a polite "Sorry I'm going to need that one-day though it might not be this day I will one day need it and I don't have the time to come find you that day" Or simply sell it for some God awful price that no ones willing to pay.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE A
    Thanks Jim,

"Shannon's master"....... :lol:
    He is going to Vegas this weekend.... :shock:
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Expert
    I'm such an asshole..........

Senior Member Amateur
    Something I saw today on the chive. Maybe this will help next time you lend something out. If they don't return it, just put their picture up here. (Jon, I'll help you put pictures up since you don't know how.)

Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Yeah Nik,
    I'm afraid that this is a subject that needs to be brought up during the raceschool at the beginning of your career as we who have done this have learned much the way you are. When everyone's pumped up on adrenalin appairently the brain goes into some mode that prevents people from returning things, they get ready for their race (using your tools and parts no doubt) then they race, maybe the people who helped them accomplish the task, their girlfriend/wife or whoever neatly tucks away your tools, parts what have you, and your left wondering why the hell you lent them out in the first place on top of who the hell was that anyway?
    Good news is that if you stick around longer nuff you can eventually borrow your parts and tools back, rather or not your adrenalin helps you return them is up to you. My policy is just a polite "Sorry I'm going to need that one-day though it might not be this day I will one day need it and I don't have the time to come find you that day" Or simply sell it for some God awful price that no ones willing to pay.
    Agreed... starting to see more and more of these pop up... pisses me off to be honest, especially when I pack up for the races and realize how much I'm missing....

Like I said before...I'm a total newb in all reality with the club, and am blown away how guys like Jeff, Shannon, Mike, Yourself, Jim and all the other who have been doing it for so long :P

You guys and technology :shock:. I don't touch my phone from Thursday at 6pm till Sunday night or Monday morning... Like the rest of the world gives a shit what I'm doing on a weekend...
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Amateur
    You guys and technology :shock:. I don't touch my phone from Thursday at 6pm till Sunday night or Monday morning... Like the rest of the world gives a shit what I'm doing on a weekend...
    I care Nik... I care.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick929
    I care Nik... I care.
    Ha! what I should have rephrased that as.... I prefer no one knowing what I'm up to at anytime
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Hey bro,
    You should move this to the general section.....so everyone can see it.

Moham

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by TRK
    Hey bro,
    You should move this to the general section.....so everyone can see it.

Moham
    I don't have the super powers to do so!
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick929
    Something I saw today on the chive. Maybe this will help next time you lend something out. If they don't return it, just put their picture up here. (Jon, I'll help you put pictures up since you don't know how.)

FANFREAKINTASTIC Idea!!!
    I'm so gonna start doing this!!!
    Thanks!
    ILLMATIC Racing
    MRA#503

Senior Member Expert
    If you have photoshop, you can also airbrush in some "accidents" to show what might "accidentally" happen if your shit doesn't come back. :twisted:
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.