Thread: 2007 250 ninja $800

Senior Member Amateur

2007 250 ninja $800

For sale. A 2007 250 ninja. No title. Low miles. (483miles on the odo when we bought it) No street equipment, track only. 250 production legal. This is the last year of the old body style before the change in 08. 16 inch wheels although I have a rear 17 inch EX500 wheel for it. All you would need is to swap on an EX 500 front end and you would be able to fit the stickier 17 inch tires. I also have the larger 87 carbs and cams that are not installed yet. Spare tank, spare clutch, spare bottom end, spare head, spare 16 inch wheels, spare radiator. $1000. I can email pics.
    Adam's Sponsors: Kristie and Kevin McGuire, Chicane trackdays

Senior Member Amateur
    Damn. Is Adam doing any MRA this year?
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Senior Member Expert
    Yeah, I think they got an rs125 for him!
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Amateur
    We did pick up an old RS125 that we can't find parts for. Its not as nice as the ones for sale on this forum right now, but the price was right (read super cheap). In fact, right now, the only two parts of it that are actually bolted together are the frame and the swingarm. If we can manage to find enough obsolete parts to piece it back together for cheap we will definitely be doing a few MRA rounds (if there are any left by then). Luckily, Adam and I both enjoy the whole underdog thing so I think he will enjoy picking on the big bikes with the little RS.
    We really wanted to convert this 250 ninja to 17 inch wheels and prove that the older bikes can be competitive, but we need the $$$ to put the RS back together. The motor on it makes competitive HP it just needs stickier tires.
    Of course we will still be racing the KTM with RM mini moto. We heard Hammer built a new motor for his KX so in keeping with our normal budget we fixed a stripped bolt on the slave cylinder of the KTM and that will be the extent of our off season modifications.

Senior Member Amateur
    Good stuff. Excited to see him out there. I am comfortable being Colin Edwards for life and finishing 5th in everything. I can't keep up with Adam and Hammer anymore.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

same motor just had the top end done... the sass motor is out bcuz it was pissing oil out of the countershaft... buuuutt I did get new tires and re did the graphics so it may look new and cool!!!! getting excited to drag bows!!! need to go mount the new tt93s( ?hmm) and I think hit the track this weekend... the nina turd fiddy is untouched... new sprocket and oil... fuk it .. if it blows up im hittin steels and buying a motor and bolting it in ...hahah cya guys soon !!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

adams bike is fast enough buddy .. the kid is 80 lbs !!! he still blows my doors off in the straights!!!! I need to drive like a mad man out of the corners to stay with him... I lov it !!!! :P

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

I say we start a fund " GET ADAM SOME FREEKIN 17S AND RUBBER!!!) ILL TOSS IN A FEW BUX!!!!! DO ITTTTT :shock:

O YA!! rising sun doesn't have rs parts?? :?

im rebuilding my rs AGAIN too!!! :x

Senior Member Amateur
    Our RS is the older generation motor. No one makes a piston for the older motors any more. Steve at Rising Sun even checked with contacts in Japan and Europe and nobody has any older pistons left. We did manage to get the last new clutch cable in existance though.

new style head and piston??? .. I got a extra head u can have ( there kinda a lot )

Senior Member Amateur
    I believe that a CR 125 rod will install on the stock crank and will allow us to run the 05 and newer pistons with the 15mm wrist pin vs the older pistons with a 14mm wrist pin. I have the rod and still have to order the piston after confirming somehow that it will work. Then its off to the plater to have the cylinder repaired and replated. Then new tires, brakes, radiator hoses (no longer available also), fork seals,shock rebuild,bodywork repair, new windscreen,new seat,new chain and sprockets, new bars, spark plug, gauge holder foam thingy, new head bearings (also no longer available) and new cables and we should be set. Hopefully the ignition and trans/clutch work. But at least the grips look good.

Senior Member Expert
    As to RS parts and availablity I'd give Stewart Aiken Cade a call.He has some pretty damn good connections besides being one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.Let me know if you need a number

Senior Member Amateur
    This would make a fantastic track day bike for a new rider!
    Price drop $800

Member Amateur
    Can you send some pics to phatxracing660@yahoo.com. the bike is ready to race as it sits, just needs the ex500 parts to run the better tires correct?
    Phat-X Racing
    MRA # 660

Senior Member Amateur
    Yes, the bike is ready to race.

Senior Member Amateur
    We still have this bike for sale.

Junior Member Novice
    Could you send me some pics to bonem1dr@gmail.com
    Thanks!

Junior Member Novice