Thread: FS: 1996 Honda RS125; 2009 Aprilia RS125

Member Amateur

FS: 1996 Honda RS125; 2009 Aprilia RS125

I'll be back, but at this point I need to sell this stuff.

First up, the Honda. It's a 1996 RS125, and it's a "good" one, formerly owned by Bill Syfan in TX. Ask anyone who has seen it. It's nice.

It comes with 2 sets of usable bodywork, a red set and a green set.

The "old" red body work:

The "new" green body work:

It comes with all of the "standard" extras, like a full set of jets, full set of sprockets, rain tires, stands, and tire warmers. You'll also get a fancy-schmancy starter tool, 1 set of barely used Dunlops, 1 brand new Dunlop front, spare air boxes, a kick-ass Battle Factory fairing bag, 1 spare factory expansion chamber, an engine stand, a standard subframe (a "big boy" subframe is installed), rear sets, levers, clip ons, 3 different tails in good shape ('96/'01/'04+), a spare carb, spare clutch parts, lots and lots of spare gaskets, and more crap I'm probably forgetting. 2 used-but-rebuildable cranks come with it. There's enough spares to replace the top end w/o having to buy anything other than a piston.

It has lots of "crash spares," stuff to get you going on race day after you drop it in practice. I fell down at HPR once and had it going again in about 15 minutes.

The bike runs great on C12 mixed 25:1.

The bike also comes with a short log book detailing the time we spent together. That log book has a parts inventory in it, too. :-)

What it doesn't have is a bunch of spare pistons, cylinders and cranks.

You can see how it runs here: http://youtu.be/LEj1iiksAbM

Based on my records, there is ~500 miles left on the crank and ~100 miles left on the piston.

$3500 for everything.

The Aprilia is a lot simpler. It has 1400 miles on it. It has always been a track bike. I've crashed it a couple times but never hard enough to do any permanent damage.

It comes w/ Sharkskinz fairings installed. Yes, they're rashed up. They still look good. It would be a good Colorado Class bike. I used it for track days. You'll also get the factory stuff too in case you want to put it on the street.

Don't ask me about putting it on the street. I hear it's pretty easy here in Colorado though. I still owe on this sucker, but you'll get a title for it shortly after you pay for it.

Woodcraft rear sets. Spare bars, spare brake lever.

1 set of Pit Bull stands.

If you want to see it in action, go here: http://youtu.be/7ay8WMey5Yc

$3500 for that one, too.

Respond via e-mail or phone. Remove-the-brackets[NoveltyCrew]@[gmail.com] or 720-380-3115

I prefer you call me because my internet is spotty right now.

I also have 2 suits, 2 back protectors, 2 sets of gloves, etc etc. A deal could be made on every last thing you need to go racing at the prices you see here.

[/img][/url]
    if Oscar the grouch built a bike with “stuff” he had on hand #269

Member Amateur
    Aaron A #222 (whose Colorado Class championship I spoiled. :-/ ) expressed some interest in these bikes at the last 2012 round. If anyone has his contact info, please let him know the bikes are for sale.

I'm going to take more detailed pictures of everything tomorrow.

And get a more detailed list of ALL of the RS stuff for you, so you know exactly what the packages look like.

I will consider trade + your cash for the following:

2-stroke 125/250cc dirt bike
    Mini-moto: NSR/XR/supermoto
    Flat track: interesting framer, 250cc 4-stroke
    SV/N250/interesting 4-stroke roadracing bikes valued at ~$2000.

I can't do straight up trades unless I find a decent job soon.

Underemployment is a bitch.

This is the only ad I'm running currently, but, if I don't find a buyer this week or the next, I'm going to start listing them in other places/nationally.

Both of the bikes are in Fountain, CO right now. I will be here for the weekend. I will be in Denver for the first part of next week.

Senior Member Amateur
    Are you selling the suits separately? Any info on them? Sizes? Prices?

Great looking bikes btw!
    Adam's Sponsors: Kristie and Kevin McGuire, Chicane trackdays

Member Amateur
    Suits are 42US. I was 170lbs and 5' 11" tall when I fit into them best. The Omaha winter added some pounds to my ass. When I say "fit best," I mean they were like a 2nd skin. Someone smaller would fit well, too.

One's a 2-piece Spidi. The other is a 1-piece Berik/MotoGP. I don't want to sell them, but as I get more and more hard up for money... Anything is possible. :-)

If (when) I find suitable work in the next couple weeks, I will keep everything if it doesn't move before then.

In the meantime, I'm open to offers. If anyone thinks my prices are too high, go ahead and insult me. :-)

Pictures tomorrow. I had work in my inbox this morning and spent the day doing that.

Senior Member Expert
    I want to ride that aprilia Soooooooo bad Aston! Good luck with the sale Dude.
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

Member Amateur
    Dennis.. If I end up keeping it, you're welcome to ride it whenever we're at the same track day. :-)

Senior Member Amateur
    How much do you want for the suits? Pics? Also do you have any spares for the Honda that you want to sell separately?

Member Amateur
    I'd let the 2-piece SPIDI go for $125. I'd like to keep the 1-piece for now, in case I end up keeping one of the bikes and doing some track days this summer.

I definitely have RS stuff I'd be willing to sell separately. I still haven't made it over to the garage to take pics. No bust. The lighting has sucked for pics the past couple of days with this 2nd-winter snow we've been getting.

Senior Member Amateur
    Any pics of the spidi? And talk to me about your Honda spares. What do you have and how much do you want for it?

glenngsxr
    Stupid question, but what classes would the Aprilia be eligible for AND are there decent grids in those? Would want something fun and competitive.

Glenn

Member Amateur
    Glenn.. Pretty much any of the classes the N250 guys run in that's not 250 Cup... LWGP, LW-endurance, Colorado Class. N250 is usually back of the grid, with SVs and Honda RSs spanking them.

Just looked at the Production Cup rules... 4Ts only. Bummer.