Thread: Race Van

Member Novice

Race Van

So here's what I'm trying to do. I drive a car I can't tow anything with. I want to get a van that I can keep my R6 inside of, and rent a garage in Denver to keep it secure. So my question is, does anyone have experience putting a bike into a van like this (http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3610896171.html)? Any suggestions, or ideas of a different way to go at that price point? Any help is appreciated. I've just relied on other people to help me get my bike around, and I need to be self sufficient so I can get in a lot more practice. Thanks for any ideas/thoughts.

Shaun

Senior Member Expert
    Vans are the way to go. I can get two bikes, all the gear and a 50 in mine. DO IT!!
    MRA #816
    Me
    Myself
    If you aint 1st, you're last

In my opinion, a van is totally the way to go. I hate pulling a trailer and having everything secure in the vehical with you is great. If you can get one of the pit bull, or like, strapless stands mounted in there it makes loading and unloading the bike a breeze. I had to drop the gas tank to mount mine, but even that wasn't difficult.
    Hit me up, I can talk vans all day!
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy

Thumbs Up! Amateur
    I could put my 01 Honda f4i in the back of my Ford Aerostar and it was low to the ground which made it easy. Im sure you could find one cheap, and they made them in 4wd!
    Where the beer flows like wine and the women flock like the salmon of Capistrano, I'm talkin about a little place called... Asssspen!

MRA #934
    www.carbon-smith.com

Senior Member Expert
    Def talk to hot carl... He knows how to setup a van.

There have been plenty of trick van setups in the club, even the blacked out rambulance...
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    I use a Chevy Astro AWD passenger van with a 4.3L V6. It is very efficient and works well. I can load and unload everything myself easy. Also provides a nice flat carpeted place to lay out a pad and crash out of the weather all year round. Good luck.
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

Senior Member Amateur
    I love race vans! I am building one right now. Got lofty plans for electrical and storage.

My previous shuttle bus was epic, but I can park the van anywhere.

1995 Chevy G20.

Rust prevention and laying down the floor. Putting insulation in too.

Floor in.

I still gotta board up the walls and finish electrical. PM me if you have any build questions.

I got a lot of build information here.
    http://www.southbayriders.com/forums...d.php?t=108031
    [/img]
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Member Amateur
    rad.

Senior Member Expert
    Personally my Sprinter's proved perfect for cross country trips and though it can be a bit nervous so to speak in the wind due to it's size, it gets great gas miledge, fits everything I could ever need and as a matter a facts leaving for another trip in a couple weeks to Savanna GA for a race. If you can find a used one they're money well spent but the problem is everyone who has them loves them and they are hard to find.
    Just another plug for vanlife!

Senior Member Amateur
    Vans are good, but I'm moving in the other direction (bought a Ridgeline last year). Loading is easy once you get over the anxiety of running at it full tilt and ducking as you cross the threshold. If you are still in the market get a hold of me - I'll take much less for my '91 Dodge conversion van. Its a little tired but gets the job done.

Thumbs Up! Amateur
    So i just inherited a 99 FORD E-150 la west conversion van from my father that i will be using this season for my sleeping accommodations at the race track. I cant wait!
    Where the beer flows like wine and the women flock like the salmon of Capistrano, I'm talkin about a little place called... Asssspen!

MRA #934
    www.carbon-smith.com