View Poll Results: Would you race at CDR?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would with major improvements.(paving, moving of barriers etc.)

36 70.59%
  • I won't no matter what.

3 5.88%
  • I will it doesn't matter to me.

12 23.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CDR opinion

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    2. So where do we put all the 34 race weekends that run at SCR. Well in 2004 La Junta only had 5 or 6 dates. If they have more this year then is everyone adding more dates to there schedule?
    La Junta had more than that in 2004, and they are fairly booked this year. A couple of the clubs (including us) are going to SCR less this year and moving events to Pueblo and LaJunta because the tracks honor "grandfathered" dates, meaning if you have the date in 2005 you have dibs on it in 2006. Those that don't do this will be hurting for track time in 2006.

4. Right now the poll shows a 2-1 margin of people who will not race there without improvements. So if only 40-50 riders show up will the MRA lose money by going to CDR?
    Dunno, I guess we'll see....my gut tells me that many of the people who voted that way feel the same as I do, which is something like "I will race there as is, but sure would PREFER some improvements first". I would have rather been able to vote for "I will race there ONCE as is, but not any more".

As I kinda said before, this is all a bit of a gamble, I'm hoping this event will give us a bit more leverage to demand repairs in the future. If they don't want to step up, then they certainly cannot continue to blame us for lack of support.

5. If we go there just to show good faith I hope someone doesn't end up sacrificing there health just so the MRA has another track to race at.
    No one feels this more than I do, as I also said before - if something happens the people who oppose going there will lay it all on my shoulders whether it belongs there or not.

G
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Hey faster kidz, In my humble opinion, CDR is a disaster waiting to happen. I have been on the track 3 times since last year and the track continues to get worse and will eventually be the cause of a major trauma. I believe in safety first and formost and I know the decision makers in the MRA are, or should be, of the same mindset. CDR is very dangerous and should not be on our schedule until MAJOR repairs and or reconfigurations are in place. Do not expose the MRA to potential medical/legal complications due to running at a dangerous venue! Thanks--Doc Mike

Senior Member Expert
    as I have said, I am kinda afraid to run there, not because of what is around the sides because I can trust myself. At the school day we only had one person go down, so I believe that riders can make the safety decision, however as has been said when the green light goes, whats going to happen?

Is there any thought to trimming the grid sizes at all? Extra heats or something? I think that would make it a lot safer.

Jason
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Member Novice
    I would love to see this track improve, heck it's so close to us up here in Ft. Collins. But I just don't see it happening no matter what we do.

I'll vote by not racing that weekend, but I'll be there to watch the carnage! :shock:

Senior Member Expert
    FWIW guys, if you don't plan to race that weekend, come cornerwork! Novices can work off hours in a hurry, and get paid for the rest of the time. You'll also be making a difference in the overall safety of the facility, by ensuring that the turns remain free of debris for those that do plan to race in June. Heck, we even pay for your lunch (if you work the whole day)!
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    by ensuring that the turns remain free of debris for those that do plan to race in June.
    I don't know this kind of says it all.

Lurch

Member Novice

CDR

Up until this past weekend, I had not been on CDR in three years. If my memory serves me correct I don't think anything really has changed. The track has more patches and potholes then typical side streets around Denver. I personally don't feel it is safe to race there. I feel that there really isn't any significant run off in any of the turns, add to that the condition of the pavement and you have a unsafe environment. If there is a vote I would prefer to race nine races without CDR then ten races with it. In a perfect world I would love to replace the CDR date with another Pueblo date.

Dale, #48.

Senior Member Expert
    Compared to the first school/practice we had, the track was MUCH cleaner this time around. Unsure if they got the hint and swept it, or if it was just from cars and snow, but I expected it to be a lot messier when we got there.

As for riding on the track itself... I didn't go out the last time due to bike issues and so didn't give an opinion on the track, however this weekend I decided to go play for the last session. My thoughts... Some corners have less than desirable runoff. Others aren't so bad. Without the gravel covering it like last time, there seemed to be at least some better passing areas one could take. I was actually having fun on it, and this was my first time on the track (so all I had to go on was everyone screaming about it).

I feel that between 5 and 6 still sucks, but once you know where the bumps are you can find something of a smooth(er) line between them, or just not gas it hard over the patches. I got some front end shake, but I also have a ratted out stock damper on the bike. A real damper turned up a bit would probably be fine. Some of it was also probably the rider.

I think that if you don't take the time to LEARN the track in practice, and just go for it in a race, you could have a bad day. However, this is true of pretty much any track. Once I started to learn the surface, I was able to get into it more (which is still slow, but I'm not exactly setting any lap records on tracks I do know either). I believe the wrecks we did see were people who didn't know the track as well, other than the one in the school who missed a shift and lowsided.

Some areas required tact, others could tolerate more of the usual stuff. In one of the sessions we must have had 35-40 bikes out there and while we cut it off at that point, people seemed capable of knowing what to do. I also know this was practice and not a race, but if racers can think a bit while they're out there they will be fine.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    Go back out, run a few 1:05s or so, then get us all another report. I am curious if you will have the same opinion on the track...

Or, we could just wait until MW Endurance (you know, the mini-ROR that will be run on Saturday, but with Novices and LW bikes thrown in for good measure) to max out the grid and see just how much of a cluster it will be.

I can't wait! :roll:

( end of sarcasm )

As an MRA member, I support the MRA Board. As an MRA Board Member, I am doing my best to support the MRA riders. Part of my job as a Rider Rep is to repeat all the bad (and good) things the riders bring me, and believe me, the Board is tired of hearing the "bad" from me!

I see a trainwreck coming in the form of pit space, turning away spectators, and single-line "I don't dare get off the racing line or will throw the bike away" racing. While I can not speak for the whole MRA Board, I can say I do hear the concerns all riders have brought to me regarding the track and have done my best to voice them in your own words. There are many things that have to be considered here, and through the many hours of discussion I think we can come out with something that works for everyone...
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    Hey,i did 1:05's saturday :lol:

Senior Member Expert
    Exactly!!

dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

I alway's have to add my .02 cents.. even though this is being dragged out..

I am a novice and my first time @ CDR was my school.. FYI: 3 yrs go karting, 7 years scca racing is my background..

1. The track blows.
    2. Its really not unsafe.. its unfun. Racing is unsafe.
    3. It blows.
    4. The facility blows more than the track itself.
    5. Nobody will get hurt because of the track.. if someone gets hurt its because he/she chose to do what caused the injury... we all have eyes and we can all see the risks.. take a look around and pick your war area..
    6. In race mode, some tend to forget about the concrete, and surface conditions (well I do anyway, cuz I have major testosterone issues).. this is bad.
    7. Everyone should go race there to support the track.. put a big note on your tank to go 90% and FOLLOW IT.

thats all I got.. :roll:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12