Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
2. So where do we put all the 34 race weekends that run at SCR. Well in 2004 La Junta only had 5 or 6 dates. If they have more this year then is everyone adding more dates to there schedule?
La Junta had more than that in 2004, and they are fairly booked this year. A couple of the clubs (including us) are going to SCR less this year and moving events to Pueblo and LaJunta because the tracks honor "grandfathered" dates, meaning if you have the date in 2005 you have dibs on it in 2006. Those that don't do this will be hurting for track time in 2006.

4. Right now the poll shows a 2-1 margin of people who will not race there without improvements. So if only 40-50 riders show up will the MRA lose money by going to CDR?
Dunno, I guess we'll see....my gut tells me that many of the people who voted that way feel the same as I do, which is something like "I will race there as is, but sure would PREFER some improvements first". I would have rather been able to vote for "I will race there ONCE as is, but not any more".

As I kinda said before, this is all a bit of a gamble, I'm hoping this event will give us a bit more leverage to demand repairs in the future. If they don't want to step up, then they certainly cannot continue to blame us for lack of support.

5. If we go there just to show good faith I hope someone doesn't end up sacrificing there health just so the MRA has another track to race at.
No one feels this more than I do, as I also said before - if something happens the people who oppose going there will lay it all on my shoulders whether it belongs there or not.

G