The above illustrates one of my larger concerns. The track in current form does not promote multiple lines, and if you get off the "line" (if you can call it that), things get hairy pretty quick. It is one thing to say we are going to run around at 80% and have a good time - it is an entirely different thing to put 35+ middleweight bikes out on the grid together and drop a green flag.

Sometimes the hardest thing to learn is restraint, and I am as guilty as this as anyone. Come on, admit it - we are racers. We don't always make the best decisions. A bad decision at any track can hurt us - I am just concerned that the penalty for the same bad decision is higher at this track than at other tracks we currently race.

The flip side of this coin is that without funds, Mt View probably will never improve its facilty. This is a shit business argument ("give me the money, THEN I will provide you with a decent product sometime in the future"), but with 2nd Creek going away next year, racing this track in the future is probably a reality. The question then becomes: Do we invest now as a gamble that Mt View improves the facility?

Personally, I have my own opinion on the matter, and while I would love to share it with everyone, I first suggest each and every MRA racer think long and hard about why they will or won't race there, and the potential impact on the club or themselves.

-dave