Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEED BEFORE THE 8TH!

Senior Member Expert
    For the record, I was over at Smitty's shop last week, and I saw his new numbers with my own eyes.

That said, I am the highest bidder so far.
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Amateur
    Ray-Ray's in for 2 bills, Mr. G!! To ya!
    CHALLENGE IMPROVES YOU

Senior Member Expert
    OK, $200 and I'll throw in one of these:

dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    have fun with your new number or proceeds...

Senior Member Amateur
    The boxing gloves are a nice touch! Are they included with the deal?? Otherwise.... $300 to you Berns! :twisted:
    CHALLENGE IMPROVES YOU

Senior Member Expert
    Nice photo......DingleBerns even has that "Shit Eatin'" Grin on his face just prior to "The Punch" too! 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Senior Member Amateur
    Dear Mr. Dingleberns,

Even though I haven't meet you yet I have meet many of others just like you over the years. Please take my advice. Find your needed parts repaint your shining new toy and lay low till April 8th. On April 8th listen to what your instructor has to say. He/she has prolly forgot more then you will learn that day. Ask as many questions as you like. If at lunch you find yourself with a new instructor you are either A. Really fast B. Really Slow or C. Really annoying. If after lunch you find yourself with the same instructor you must be doing something right but don't let it go to your head.

Now run the mock race remember it's a mock race no points no trophy and no bragging just finish it. After the race talk to your instructor see what you did right and what you did wrong. Pack your stuff up go find T-Bag and request a number don't tell anyone before hand what number you want because I know these clowns, they will change their number just because. Hell if we could run letters after a number there would be 118A-Z the first raceday. Now drive home with a fealing that you accomplished the first big step.

On the first race day run the 2-4 races that you can and hope for the best. If you happen to finish on the podium I'm sure some people will come by and congratulate you but remember it's still very early in the season and many things can and will happen. Grab your plaque and pack your stuff drink a beer and drive home.

If you happen to be able to do the above for the entire season and not turn your bike into a pile of shit, drain your bank account, or extent your credit way past what you will be able to payoff before the 2008 season. You may get a chance to stand up at the banquet and thank the people who helped you this season.

Then and only then will your number start to stand out. Believe me people will start to know you by your number. Then you can start to tell them the story behind your number. My first number was my first dogs birthday just to let you know that is how some people pick a number.

Then if you are really lucky there will be some new novice just like you in 08 and you can then join Gallant, Mr Brown, and Smitty if giving that guy the business. But until then I would just lay low and let your riding do the talking which from what I gather is not say much so far.

Lurch

Senior Member Amateur
    Damn I miss having you around the track more often, Lurch. :lol:

Senior Member Expert
    Derek, listen to Lurch. He speaks volumes with wisdom. He was an important part of my first year and I will say that with out his help, wisdom, guidance, and humor I would have been up shit creek. He and Ray Ray made my first year easier than it should have been for a new guy.

Don't get caught up in all this razing, just show up, be safe and ride.

Chris
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks guys.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    Dear Mr. Dingleberns,

Even though I haven't meet you yet I have meet many of others just like you over the years. Please take my advice. Find your needed parts repaint your shining new toy and lay low till April 8th. On April 8th listen to what your instructor has to say. He/she has prolly forgot more then you will learn that day. Ask as many questions as you like. If at lunch you find yourself with a new instructor you are either A. Really fast B. Really Slow or C. Really annoying. If after lunch you find yourself with the same instructor you must be doing something right but don't let it go to your head.

Now run the mock race remember it's a mock race no points no trophy and no bragging just finish it. After the race talk to your instructor see what you did right and what you did wrong. Pack your stuff up go find T-Bag and request a number don't tell anyone before hand what number you want because I know these clowns, they will change their number just because. Hell if we could run letters after a number there would be 118A-Z the first raceday. Now drive home with a fealing that you accomplished the first big step.

On the first race day run the 2-4 races that you can and hope for the best. If you happen to finish on the podium I'm sure some people will come by and congratulate you but remember it's still very early in the season and many things can and will happen. Grab your plaque and pack your stuff drink a beer and drive home.

If you happen to be able to do the above for the entire season and not turn your bike into a pile of shit, drain your bank account, or extent your credit way past what you will be able to payoff before the 2008 season. You may get a chance to stand up at the banquet and thank the people who helped you this season.

Then and only then will your number start to stand out. Believe me people will start to know you by your number. Then you can start to tell them the story behind your number. My first number was my first dogs birthday just to let you know that is how some people pick a number.

Then if you are really lucky there will be some new novice just like you in 08 and you can then join Gallant, Mr Brown, and Smitty if giving that guy the business. But until then I would just lay low and let your riding do the talking which from what I gather is not say much so far.

Lurch
    I love you Lurch :lol:
    **2004 CRF250X**
    Lets get dirrrrrrrrrty!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty
    Sexiest Pit Crew Mamacita to #33

Senior Member Expert
    Thank you Lurch!
    Ankle Biter Racing #99
    Sol Performance--Scorpion -- Vortex Racing
    MaxFund No-Kill Animal Shelter and Adoption Center

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    Dear Mr. Dingleberns,

Lurch
    that might be the best post i have ever seen on a forum.
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Senior Member Amateur 1ofTheBoys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYLAW
    Ask around!! Start w/ Ari and Casey. I'm not runnin' 43! I was just across from them at Pueblo, 20/20 my ass!!!!!! Bid's $150 to you Bernsie!!
    I think I would like to have number 118, can you have Susie put that on my application. I will send a pm with my high bid.
    Sheila Paul - Instructor
    Texas Tornado Boot Camp

Senior Member Amateur
    You're in!! Hear that, Berns?? New player in the 118 sweepstakes!! :twisted:
    CHALLENGE IMPROVES YOU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12