Thread: possible stolen parts on WERA classifieds?

Senior Member Amateur

possible stolen parts on WERA classifieds?

So I'm looking at buying a tank off of a person on the WERA classifieds. I asked for a picture of the goods and he shows me a picture of a perfect looking stock zx6 being parted out. So has anyone ran into problems with WERA purchases being hot or got stiffed on a deal? Thanks!
    MRA Novice #215
    2009 ZX6R
    Gebhardt VW

Senior Member Amateur
    Hey Wayne,

I've gotten a few things from guys on WERA without issue. I've seen plenty of bikes being parted - either they are parting out their race bike because they couldn't sell it whole or they are maybe a 'professional' part recycler who buys salvage bikes and then parts them on WERA or ebay. Now, if there's something fishy like 'I got this from a friend of a friend so don't ask questions' maybe it's a red flag, but I'd wager most of the people selling on WERA are not knowingly selling hot property.

Jamie
    MRA #88

Senior Member Amateur
    I was stoked until I saw the picture. It still has the original BT016 on them. It's also not a race bike. I mean it looks brand new. There is also a new not race R1 in the picture as well as some other parts of other bikes. I'll try to get the pic up for debate. Maybe I'm being paranoid. Just got that feeling that something isn't right.
    MRA Novice #215
    2009 ZX6R
    Gebhardt VW

Senior Member Expert
    If it doesn't feel right it probably isn't.... I have seen a ton of stuff end up as stolen sold on there...hell we even have a couple of former MRA members that pulled this!

I stopped using WERA for the most part simply due to the fact I was ripped off for a helmet on their by a former club member... Its a great place for parts but just keep an eye out...and if it stinks like shit...its probably shit
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Amateur
    Well I haggled over email all day with this guy. Hammered out a deal. Asked for his number, haven't heard back from him. Too good to be true I guess. We'll see how it works out. I double checked PayPal policy, motor vehicle sales are not covered, of any kind. Had no idea. It's a shame, 99.9% of all the WERA adds are great, but this guy, shady.
    MRA Novice #215
    2009 ZX6R
    Gebhardt VW

Senior Member Amateur
    whew, general paranoia. Legit seller. It's amazing what gets cleared up when you can talk to someone.
    MRA Novice #215
    2009 ZX6R
    Gebhardt VW